Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Do You Do To Feel Good?
04-08-2011, 12:02 PM
RE: What Do You Do To Feel Good?
(04-08-2011 11:28 AM)vitruvian man Wrote:  I gather my kids and watch this each and every time I hit an emotional wall. IT ALWAYS brings me back to loving life again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flRvsO8m_KI

WOW.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2011, 12:30 PM
(04-08-2011 12:02 PM)Dais Wrote:  
(04-08-2011 11:28 AM)vitruvian man Wrote:  I gather my kids and watch this each and every time I hit an emotional wall. IT ALWAYS brings me back to loving life again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flRvsO8m_KI

WOW.

I agree, WOW
make sure that there are tissues nearby

A party without cake is really just a meeting
04-08-2011, 02:00 PM
lol...sorry didn't intend to induce some tears.

Every year I slowly reach a point where I take all the great things in my life for granted. I'm thankful for Dick and his son...and the countless others who unconditionally give themselves to someone or who live in terrible conditions/circumstances yet they prevail.... to remind me of just how wonderful I have it and how much I should cherish each and every day....

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating"
04-08-2011, 03:04 PM
(04-08-2011 08:30 AM)Dais Wrote:  Oh, and the Shipping News. It's a very interesting story, and I am enjoying it (for the second time.) I like stories that go intensely into the lives of people. Any others you could recommend? I haven't seen the movie, but maybe I'll put that on my Netflix cue now.

~Dais

I liked the movie, I'd say it was worth a look. (I think I went to see it about 3 times when it was in cinemas lol)
Book-wise, well, one of the last one's I read was 'The Road Less Travelled' by M. Scott Peck. I'd heard people recommend it as one to read if you'd kind of lost your direction in life. Don't know what I was really expecting from it, it pretty much reaffirmed that life isn't easy! Might not be to everyone's taste, while I don't agree with everything Peck said, I don't regret reading it.

There's a lot of it about.
Find all posts by this user
04-08-2011, 03:25 PM
(04-08-2011 03:04 PM)Scottish_lass Wrote:  
(04-08-2011 08:30 AM)Dais Wrote:  Oh, and the Shipping News. It's a very interesting story, and I am enjoying it (for the second time.) I like stories that go intensely into the lives of people. Any others you could recommend? I haven't seen the movie, but maybe I'll put that on my Netflix cue now.

~Dais

I liked the movie, I'd say it was worth a look. (I think I went to see it about 3 times when it was in cinemas lol)
Book-wise, well, one of the last one's I read was 'The Road Less Travelled' by M. Scott Peck. I'd heard people recommend it as one to read if you'd kind of lost your direction in life. Don't know what I was really expecting from it, it pretty much reaffirmed that life isn't easy! Might not be to everyone's taste, while I don't agree with everything Peck said, I don't regret reading it.

I'll check it out. I have an account with PaperBackSwap.com which is a great way to share books you have that you're done with, and get some from others that you want. Thanks for the suggestion. As for direction in life, I guess I might be seeking one for the first time. lol =)

~Dais
04-09-2011, 05:32 AM
I like the Tin Man

Don't talk smack about Total!!
04-09-2011, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2011 05:40 AM by Dais.)
(04-09-2011 05:32 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  I like the Tin Man

Ok, I'll check it out.... Hm. That looks like something maybe hubby would get in to.... Do you like Stephen Hunter?
04-09-2011, 06:00 AM
(04-09-2011 05:38 AM)Dais Wrote:  

Ok, I'll check it out.... Hm. That looks like something maybe hubby would get in to.... Do you like Stephen Hunter?

Oh you mean Sgt. Raymond Cruz!

04-09-2011, 06:03 AM
(04-09-2011 06:00 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  
(04-09-2011 05:38 AM)Dais Wrote:  

Oh you mean Sgt. Raymond Cruz!

Bob Lee Swagger!
04-09-2011, 01:20 PM
A very Good shot!