Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Do You Do To Feel Good?
04-10-2011, 11:03 AM
RE: What Do You Do To Feel Good?
And in creating that thread, Dais, you have MADE something, Smile

Cooking, Photography and sewing are probably my most creative outlets. There hasn't been much time for any of those in several years. I cook regularly, however the time needed to try new creative dishes isn't always available. Right now, we're still settling into a new house and clearing out an old one, and lately our weekends have been taken over by political meetings as well. There just hasn't been a lot of time to even sit and think about what I'd like to create.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2011, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2011 11:08 AM by Dais.)
(04-10-2011 11:03 AM)Bageleth Wrote:  And in creating that thread, Dais, you have MADE something, Smile

Cooking, Photography and sewing are probably my most creative outlets. There hasn't been much time for any of those in several years. I cook regularly, however the time needed to try new creative dishes isn't always available. Right now, we're still settling into a new house and clearing out an old one, and lately our weekends have been taken over by political meetings as well. There just hasn't been a lot of time to even sit and think about what I'd like to create.

Haha You're right! I love to create ways to communicate with others - especially online, because I really don't like the phone (too shy...) and while I enjoy being around other people, I'm rather better at listening and watching than I am in competing in the conversation. (That's what it feels like to me, anyhow) I love to share opinions and chat with the one-step-of-remove that the computer provides. Says something about me, i guess. =) Anyhow, I started the new thread. It'll be fun to see what people add to it.
By the way, good luck with the house and meetings and whatnot. The time to create will probably come around again. When you need it.
04-11-2011, 10:01 AM
I can sympathize, Dais. Had a pretty sucky few years myself lately....

Listen to music and read, mostly. Walk outside while listening to music (but not reading). Writing stuff down does help.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
04-11-2011, 10:19 AM
(04-11-2011 10:01 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  I can sympathize, Dais. Had a pretty sucky few years myself lately....

Listen to music and read, mostly. Walk outside while listening to music (but not reading). Writing stuff down does help.

Music does a lot for me. I tend to forget that, and time goes by without music in my life... or just kids' music... but when I think to put it on, it really does have the power to change my mood. Which is often down or tired or generally blah lately. Yesterday we spent a lot of time in the back yard, which was great. I put the radio in the window on the "Jam" channel, and the combination of the sun, the sound of the kids playing happily, the birds, and the music really did help me to feel happier. As a stay-home mom, I have very, very little time to myself, so I always have to choose between all of the things I want to do. I usually choose sewing. But a walk outside with some "me" music would be very nice. I swept off the porch yesterday and arranged the furniture to be inviting, too, so I hope to spend a lot of time out there.

Life can throw curve balls sometimes. It's nice to have reminders of the basic stuff that keeps us all moving (roughly) forward.

~Dais
04-11-2011, 10:23 AM
I think about my sweet onions

Don't talk smack about Total!!
04-11-2011, 10:26 AM
(04-11-2011 10:23 AM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  I think about my sweet onions

LOL!!!
Thanks..I just spit my water all over my keyboard.
04-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi RN!!!! Do you know of my loving sweet onions that I speak?

Don't talk smack about Total!!
04-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Don't know if I want to know Smile
04-11-2011, 10:49 AM
There goes the neighborhood. (shaking head)
04-11-2011, 10:53 AM
NBC must have came in through the window again Wink