Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Do you create?
04-29-2011, 08:54 PM
RE: Do you create?
(04-29-2011 01:06 PM)vitruvian man Wrote:  From a creative perspective..i spend lots of time in my studio working on stuff with some great friends. Started to really enjoy adding the video process along with the music. I do it strictly for fun...

for those interested you can check out some of my stuff http://www.youtube.com/tonehook

Very nice! I agree--I could listen to this for hours!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2011, 05:59 AM
Yes, very interested in Blurb. Thanks. Will go browse around when the family lets me! And SPAM, I thought the letters might stand for something. I'm quite familiar with the actual emails because they flood my inbox every day. I've removed many, but it's a big job. (sighs)

Talent flows around here. So cool.

I'm going to watch the royal wedding now. I saw the royal snog online, but missed the vows. I have been secretly pretending I'm Princess Desiree walking around in a flowy dress.

~Dais
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2011, 09:41 AM
(04-29-2011 05:57 PM)chickenhawk Wrote:  Who is this talented group. How many guys are there actually? Big Grin
I could listen to that for hours ! Thanyu so much for posting V Man !!
(04-29-2011 02:54 PM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  
(04-29-2011 10:19 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Dais was looking for a way to publish some work - so could help her?

Exactly! Big Grin
Blurb helps you with different book sizes, formats, so you can do anything from a photo book to a novel.
You can choose soft back, hard back, black and white, color, its really quite amazing what they are able to do for you and then you can simply order one and that's it.

Here is a link to two of my husband's books that he made. Its in the Blurb bookstore...

http://www.blurb.com/search/site_search?...=bookstore

Once again, not spaming! Just trying to be helpful!Blush

Hardware Girl
I'd love a copy of the book but i just cant afford it at this time. I myself also love old trains like the Santa Fe.
Great work by your husband !

Why, Thank you CH, he's a really talented guy with a camera!Big Grin
My husband runs a group called Northwest Rails, and they talk trains and post pictures. If you PM me, I can send you the link, and I'll give you an introduction to let him know your coming.....

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
04-30-2011, 05:52 PM
(04-29-2011 08:54 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  
(04-29-2011 01:06 PM)vitruvian man Wrote:  From a creative perspective..i spend lots of time in my studio working on stuff with some great friends. Started to really enjoy adding the video process along with the music. I do it strictly for fun...

for those interested you can check out some of my stuff http://www.youtube.com/tonehook

Very nice! I agree--I could listen to this for hours!

Thanks everyone for such kind words. Great to know that others get a bit of enjoyment from it. Cheers and good health!

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating"
06-24-2011, 11:53 AM
(04-10-2011 11:04 AM)Dais Wrote:  Seems to me that a lot of people feel good when they create something. Neil mentioned feeling this way in a book of his. I relate well to this. I have always enjoyed creating in a crafty way. Crocheting, making clay beads, and more recently, sewing. Clothes for my kids, occasional items for myself, baby stuff for my nephew-to-be, pillowcases for charity. Etc. I'm driven to make stuff. It somehow validates me. I also like to create blog entries. I like to put my ideas and my creations out for the world to see. I like sharing and communicating in that way.

Do you create something? What motivates you?

~Dais
Actually, I read somewhere that when you finish a task, your brain pumps endorphins into the body. That's why people "who do" tend to be happier than people "who don't."

It also requires both sides of the brain to create something. The creation is generally based on something factual or formulatic which forces the lobes to work simultaneously, apparently creating new synapses.
06-28-2011, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2011 09:07 PM by Mufasa.)
Forgot about these. I was rummaging through some of my gear that was NOT stolen... and spotted these.
I got sick of seeing vendors rip people off with rubber gun grips (paintball). $20-$30 for a pair of grips that probably cost $1 to make, if that.
These are solid oak bases with different types of exotic sheets that are normally used in our aircraft interior finishes, laminated and clear coated with urethane.
I sell these to players for $15 - $20 per set. No two are alike.

http://s782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102...p%20stuff/

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
02-14-2012, 03:30 AM
At Gunga's request, here's a few pics of my jewelry

Inspired by Roll The Bones:
[Image: RTBset2.jpg]

Inspired by the Genesis song Afterglow
[Image: afterglowset.jpg]

This is the charoite/purple necklace I'll wear with my new purple dress
[Image: purplejadecharoite.jpg]

I made this necklace for a friend on the Stephen King MB
[Image: charsnecklace1.jpg]

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
02-14-2012, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2012 06:59 AM by Dais.)
Love those! Especially the purple one. Nice! =)
02-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Very cool, Scythe! I like the last one the best, but the purple and the crystal ones are cool too. I guess I'll have to take a pic of some of my stuff. It's so fun to make jewelry--especially earrings! Thanks for sharing, Scythe!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
02-15-2012, 04:10 AM
Thanks Smile

Yes, take pics of your, GW!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!