Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Schnapps
06-16-2011, 08:21 PM
RE: Schnapps
Well, not a pond.....at least in those terms....but I did wake up on the aft end of the sub surrounded by Canadien GEESE....honking like kids on Starbucks. The guys left me there to teach me a lesson.

How about waking up to the sound of GERBILS galloping thru the bathroom as you heave to and trice up? But that wasnt schnapps - that was a case of Moosehead beer.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Conversation just took a hard left...

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
06-16-2011, 08:42 PM
My compass is doing funny things....and the mind is wandering a bit off course.

06-16-2011, 08:47 PM
WHOOP-WHOOP... PULL UP
WHOOP-WHOOP... PULL UP
WHOOP-WHOOP... PULL UP

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
06-16-2011, 08:54 PM
EMERGENCY BLOW - ALL HANDS PREPARE FOR COLLISION! Dodgy

06-16-2011, 11:45 PM
What sick fornicator invented peppermint schnapps?! No herds of cats/gerbils, bodies of water, naked poker-playin' ducks or geese-infested submarines, just overwhelming regret in choosing to imbibe in said liqueur. Two days of my life I’ll never get back due to the after-effects of such a foul liquid. I’ll admit it was my bad bad baaaad choice in overindulgence, but the same couldn’t be said after a few too many pints of Guinness, snorts of Smirnoff, or measures of the Macallan (not that I would know, too skint to afford and actually more inclined to nurse a Bushmills).

Moosehead, on the other hand (in moderation) makes a lovely shandy w/a splash of lemonade.

Apologies, RN-PRN if this topic took a downward turn….. “Conversation just took a hard left,” indeed….

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
06-17-2011, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2011 04:41 AM by NWoBHM.)
Hmmm.......Maybe I shouln`t hurry to track down Schnapps, (in any form)?

Just always been interested in it from the clip in Where Eagles Dare - where Major Van Halpen is in the Schloss Adler Bar and says, "But you must be tired, and here I am talking of Dusseldorf - you vill forgive me?"
"I tell you what - why don`t ve hav one more Schnapps, and I vill show you to your room?"
"Fraulein!!!"

Living the dream over here in Blighty
06-17-2011, 01:51 AM
(06-16-2011 11:45 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  What sick fornicator invented peppermint schnapps?! No herds of cats/gerbils, bodies of water, naked poker-playin' ducks or geese-infested submarines, just overwhelming regret in choosing to imbibe in said liqueur. Two days of my life I’ll never get back due to the after-effects of such a foul liquid. I’ll admit it was my bad bad baaaad choice in overindulgence, but the same couldn’t be said after a few too many pints of Guinness, snorts of Smirnoff, or measures of the Macallan (not that I would know, too skint to afford and actually more inclined to nurse a Bushmills).

Moosehead, on the other hand (in moderation) makes a lovely shandy w/a splash of lemonade.

Apologies, RN-PRN if this topic took a downward turn….. “Conversation just took a hard left,” indeed….

No worries. I am used that around here Wink
06-17-2011, 05:25 AM
I've had schnapps that has tasted like terrible vile cough medicine and some that before you know it 1/3 of the bottle is gone. When the Hubby was TDY for Uncle Sam he brought home a bottle with a cherry flavor that was excellent. Do I remember the name on the bottle --nope-- it was recycled years ago.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
06-17-2011, 06:22 AM
(06-16-2011 11:45 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  What sick fornicator invented peppermint schnapps?! No herds of cats/gerbils, bodies of water, naked poker-playin' ducks or geese-infested submarines, just overwhelming regret in choosing to imbibe in said liqueur. Two days of my life I’ll never get back due to the after-effects of such a foul liquid. I’ll admit it was my bad bad baaaad choice in overindulgence, but the same couldn’t be said after a few too many pints of Guinness, snorts of Smirnoff, or measures of the Macallan (not that I would know, too skint to afford and actually more inclined to nurse a Bushmills).

Some of us forgot our meds last night bg.....thats all. For a REAL good time you should try Permafrost (made by the same folks who make Yukon Jack) or Rumble Mintz. Permafrost is a wonderful combination of cinammon and peppermint schnapps, when poured over ice will warm you all over. Too much - and you might wake up in a toilet. Rumble Mintz will erase all thought processes, and you may be found in a fetal position crying for your mommy whilst screaming in agony. Thats some bad ju there boys n girls.

I'd like to say its a bit like an evil tequila - only I dont know what tequila is really evil.....

One round of Jose Cuervo.....