Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Foods we can't stand ...
07-07-2011, 11:53 AM
RE: Foods we can't stand ...
(07-07-2011 11:11 AM)RN-PRN Wrote:  I don't think any of the sugary cereals we had as a kid taste the same anymore...my kids have resorted to eating my Special K.

That is almost sad, lol

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Agreed with OHR: I would sooner eat the oil filter from my truck than liver. My Mom says that's living proof I didn't sleep through Biology class LOL Not having kidneys any time soon, either, for that matter!

I'm pretty adventurous, thanks to Grandma. Her rule was if we tried it, we didn't have to eat it all if we didn't like it. That said, no snakes, amphibians, insects, or domestic animals ( thanks Anthony B.) Don't tell me it "tastes like chicken" Wink

Yes on every veggie except cooked peas. Do like them raw.

"I will quietly resist."
Find all posts by this user
07-07-2011, 01:22 PM
My mother tried to con me into eating liver (and beets) by asking, "Don't you want to have blue blood?". Ummmm NO!

She also used to try to interest me in gizzards by telling me that she and her sister used to fight over it when they were kids. Ummmmm, no, I didn't feel that it was worth fighting for.

My other aunt will still eat them, with ranch dressing.

Nooooo thank you!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
07-07-2011, 01:42 PM
I like beets, but I roast them like potatoes. We kids liked them because of the purple factor LOL

Yep, Gram was the youngest of 13, and by the time the chicken got to her end of the table, backs, necks, gizzards and livers were all that was left. Even when she had her choice of pieces, she chose those parts over all others.

I'm with you, Bagel: pass!

"I will quietly resist."
07-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Rattlesnake and my Mom's stew beef. Even though she is a wonderful cook.
07-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Tried crocodile balls once. Not croc testes, just croc meat ground up into something like meatballs.

I had them twice, actually.

Once going down...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
07-07-2011, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2011 04:14 PM by Scythe Matters.)
(07-07-2011 03:54 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  Tried crocodile balls once. Not croc testes, just croc meat ground up into something like meatballs.

I had them twice, actually.

Once going down...

[Image: rofl-1.gif]

I don't really taste much difference in the cereals... I still eat Corn Pops and other bad-for-me cereals and love 'em! I've also found a bread that manages to be whole grain and still soft and fluffy like Wonder Bread. Best of both worlds! Smile

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
07-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:Not having kidneys any time soon, either

Lambs Kidneys are OK, actually devilled (spicey) they are very nice.......although occasionally they do taste a bit, like.......er urine......yum yum

Living the dream over here in Blighty
07-07-2011, 05:33 PM
(07-07-2011 04:19 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  

Lambs Kidneys are OK, actually devilled (spicey) they are very nice.......although occasionally they do taste a bit, like.......er urine......yum yum
I may have to take that back: I'd try them devilled as you described, but only if I was visiting England. I had kidney pie in mind when I wrote that Wink I have tried that and don't care for it. Maybe it was the faint hint of urine LOL

"I will quietly resist."
07-07-2011, 06:13 PM
(07-07-2011 04:19 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  

And you know the taste of urine how.....????? Sad

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...