Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IOTD awards
07-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Big Grin IOTD awards
Yes, ladies and gentlemen it's time to introduce the inaugural IOTD awards!

That's IDIOT OF THE DAYawards.

You can choose to enter just one, or a number of them in ascending or descending order.

There's only one stipulation for entering. It must be true, real and you directly saw/heard it happen. None of this, "Oh, my buddy said he saw such-and-such" stuff.

So to get things rolling, here are my three entries for the day.

Second runner up is OBSTINATE BICYCLIST. Riding in the wrong direction on a city street, causing cars to brake and veer off in dangerous directions while the OBSTINATE BICYCLIST smiles and gives the proverbial digit to drivers and others that tell him to obey the rules of the road.

First runner up is GHOSTLY PALE RIDER. The rider of this nice Yamaha V-Twin is dressed in a helmet, shorts and flip-flop sandals. That's it. Sure, it's hot out and protective gear can be sweltering, but riding at speed without protection is like having sex with a stranger without a condom. Maybe you can get away with it once, but sooner or later...

AND THE WINNER IS:

BABY MAMMA OUT FOR A STROLL. With two marked and signalled crosswalks about equi-distant apart from BABY MAMA at about 40 or 50 meters, BABY MAMA decides that other drivers/riders on the road must obviously avoid MAMA pushing her baby stroller. So, with the courage of the oblivious idiot, she simply pushes stroller across the road in the middle of traffic, causing drivers to brake loudly and swerve erratically.

Thanks for playing, BABY MAMMA. Your diapers - for both you & baby, since you're too much of a lummox to ever have been toilet-trained - are in the mail (not).

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2011, 09:06 PM
RE: IOTD awards
Oh, I got a nominee!
So, you may or may not know, I merchandise hardware stores.
One of the guys in the store I'm working in currently thought it would be a great idea to clean the padded mats that the staff stands on when they are working the registers.
Instead of taking the mats outside and washing them with a hose, he gets a bottle of Mother's Car Interior Cleaner/POLISH.
Since all of the staff takes turns standing on those mats, they get that stuff on their shoes and track it around the store.
Now, everyone who walks in the store SQUEEKS.
LOUDLY.
It sounds like everyone is walking inside from a bad rainstorm.
It's about the most ANNOYING thing EVER.
They have mopped the floor multiple times and didn't help.
A professional floor crew is coming in a couple of days to see if they can fix it, but I despair....

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
07-07-2011, 06:32 PM
(07-06-2011 09:06 PM)HardwareGrl Wrote:  Oh, I got a nominee!
So, you may or may not know, I merchandise hardware stores.
One of the guys in the store I'm working in currently thought it would be a great idea to clean the padded mats that the staff stands on when they are working the registers.
Instead of taking the mats outside and washing them with a hose, he gets a bottle of Mother's Car Interior Cleaner/POLISH.
Since all of the staff takes turns standing on those mats, they get that stuff on their shoes and track it around the store.
Now, everyone who walks in the store SQUEEKS.
LOUDLY.
It sounds like everyone is walking inside from a bad rainstorm.
It's about the most ANNOYING thing EVER.
They have mopped the floor multiple times and didn't help.
A professional floor crew is coming in a couple of days to see if they can fix it, but I despair....

A fool in action

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Ok would this count? Monday as we were taking the M-35 home(on our bike) we got stuck behind a few campers, but we were doing 65 miles per hour. The road was in the double yellow line area (no passing zone) and had wonderful curves to left and then to the right. Hubby says we'd just ride and enjoy the view, when out of nowhere a mini van comes barreling up behind us and then almost clips us off as he passes us and the 2 campers infront of us. Mind you thru the curves there is oncoming traffic.

We stop at the small gas station about 20 minutes ahead of us and low and behold it's Mr. Speed Demon fueling up his "ride". As we pull in up to top off the bike's tank (on the otherside of the gas pump he's using) he looks up and is surprised to see us. We get off and remove our helmets and just look at him with the WTF look and shake our heads. I comment that it takes all kinds of idiots to hurry up pass people almost cause an accident only to get to the fuel pump first.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
07-07-2011, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2011 07:50 PM by Rey.)
Yes, I would say that one counts! It always seems to be other drivers that ruin a nice drive, and I don't necessarily mean the ones in front. I think there is a time and a place to go zoom zoom and have some fun, but not when it affects the safety of others around you.

(07-07-2011 07:31 PM)2Beers Wrote:  Ok would this count? Monday as we were taking the M-35 home(on our bike) we got stuck behind a few campers, but we were doing 65 miles per hour. The road was in the double yellow line area (no passing zone) and had wonderful curves to left and then to the right. Hubby says we'd just ride and enjoy the view, when out of nowhere a mini van comes barreling up behind us and then almost clips us off as he passes us and the 2 campers infront of us. Mind you thru the curves there is oncoming traffic.

We stop at the small gas station about 20 minutes ahead of us and low and behold it's Mr. Speed Demon fueling up his "ride". As we pull in up to top off the bike's tank (on the otherside of the gas pump he's using) he looks up and is surprised to see us. We get off and remove our helmets and just look at him with the WTF look and shake our heads. I comment that it takes all kinds of idiots to hurry up pass people almost cause an accident only to get to the fuel pump first.
07-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Hmmm, would this one count? Back in early June as I was riding my motorcycle towards Iowa City on Hwy 6 East a driver in a nice, shiny red pickup with a matching nice, shiny red trailer for whatever reason decides to drive into my lane as he's heading west. I see him smiling at me and know something bad is going to happen. I was traveling at the time roughly 60 mph and he may have been about the same. At the last instant as he is smiling at me he pulls back into his lane and goes by. I guess he wanted to see what my reaction skills were? It was a definite pucker moment for me.

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
07-08-2011, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 09:54 AM by Rey.)
Wow. Can we say assault with a deadly weapon? I don't think it matters that he didn't hit you, its kind of like pointing a gun at somebody, he made it look like he intended to harm you. I really hate people like that. Years ago I used to drive a petrol truck, and was at a station filling the tanks with gasoline, and a guy like that flicked a lit cigarette at me, with, I'm sure, that same smile on his face. It was all I could do not to pound that smile into the concrete. I'm sure I would have been the one arrested if I had. Undecided

(07-08-2011 08:03 AM)smoker guy Wrote:  Hmmm, would this one count? Back in early June as I was riding my motorcycle towards Iowa City on Hwy 6 East a driver in a nice, shiny red pickup with a matching nice, shiny red trailer for whatever reason decides to drive into my lane as he's heading west. I see him smiling at me and know something bad is going to happen. I was traveling at the time roughly 60 mph and he may have been about the same. At the last instant as he is smiling at me he pulls back into his lane and goes by. I guess he wanted to see what my reaction skills were? It was a definite pucker moment for me.
07-08-2011, 09:25 PM
(07-08-2011 08:03 AM)smoker guy Wrote:  Hmmm, would this one count? Back in early June as I was riding my motorcycle towards Iowa City on Hwy 6 East a driver in a nice, shiny red pickup with a matching nice, shiny red trailer for whatever reason decides to drive into my lane as he's heading west. I see him smiling at me and know something bad is going to happen. I was traveling at the time roughly 60 mph and he may have been about the same. At the last instant as he is smiling at me he pulls back into his lane and goes by. I guess he wanted to see what my reaction skills were? It was a definite pucker moment for me.

Isn't that when you press the little red button on the handlebars that says NLT: Nuclear Land Torpedo

I jumped the cliff with a dream to fly
Without knowing the weight of feathers
07-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Two from grocery shopping today:
Nominee A: The bag boy.
I had purchased one of those bags that keep items cold because it's almost 90 degrees here today. He opened it up and said "Do you want your cold items in this bag?"

Nominee B: Old dude in tube socks and shorts.
I'm backing my car out of my parking spot, and this guy is walking down the aisle, so I wait for him to pass my car before I finish backing out. He can't find his car, so he walks behind my car 3 times(I'm out in the aisle by the way) before he realizes that he MIGHT be in my way, and finally moves aside.
I start moving, and he walks behind my car again!

07-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Maybe I shouldn't ask - but did Captain Carpool ever find his car, because I can tell you where his head was.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user