The Bar
07-27-2011, 09:43 PM
RE: The Bar
Firefox for me also..no problems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2011, 09:50 PM
I've got Firefox. I just assumed that there were so many posts going up at once that the admins took a bit to get through them.

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
07-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Maybe the board is bogging down at some point, or in the threads that have a large number of posts.

07-27-2011, 09:52 PM
The "can't see the posts" issue happens with my Firefox, and I also tried IE and Opera, and it happened there too. It is not browser specific.

The double posts thing was IE, that is a separate issue.

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
07-28-2011, 06:05 AM
I can't wrap my head around Firefox. I had too many problems trying to adapt to it a couple years ago. Seemed rather cumbersome, and took awhile for me to find all the things I use. But - that was a couple years ago. Has it gone thru any significant changes in the last few years?

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Don't know Boomer. I just started using it when I started back to school. It the only browser that will work with my online school stuff. I have found it pretty easy to use.
07-28-2011, 08:02 AM
It updates two-three times a year Boomer.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
07-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Found out we have Firefox at work thru our Citrix Server. It just wont update Flashplayer for some reason, but it looks a little easier than the last time I tried it.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-28-2011, 11:34 AM
o.k. I think I have this figured out. I'm logged in as invisible right now, and "view new posts" doesn't work for me, and I also can't see the last post in a thread, if it is brand new.

The invisibility cloak treats you like a guest. The board doesn't recognize you as being logged in, although the admins can see that you are.

07-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Hmmm, that may be, but I don't think any of the people who this is happening to are invisible.

It could be better described as not being able to view a new page (and the posts that are on it). Once the new page gets several posts, then the page comes into view.

Another thing I observed while this is happening is: You know when you make a post and submit it, and then you are brought to your post when you are done? If your new post is on a page you cannot view, you will instead go the very first page of the thread. It will seem like your new post is "gone" because it is on the page you cannot see.

Again this does not happen to everybody. It does happen to me a lot, and so far also HardwareGrl, Dee, burma.girl, I have heard Vincent mention it, and maybe Gunga too (?).

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..