Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
08-23-2011, 06:27 AM
RE: What are you listening to?
I pulled out Vapor Trails and put it in the car to listen to traveling back and forth to work. Keeps me awake on the way hope...and people probably think I am nuts singing along in the car. Good thing the windows are rolled up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2011, 01:59 PM
(08-22-2011 09:05 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(08-22-2011 06:52 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  Today I listened to (and watched) the bonus CD to Beyond the Lighted Stage for the 1st time.
Yes, I know.....but my husband is not a RUSH fan like I am. I took advantage of him being gone all day. Great footage. I could have done without the kid who was unable to speak more than 2 words without inserting the "F" bomb, though. The dinner scene in the original documentary was pretty funny, but in the bonus CD, I nearly DIED laughing Big Grin Too hilarious!!!

I agree about the kid and the "F" bomb.
I just had the inclination to watch and listen to the movie on Sunday.

Must be the week for it.

The "F bomb kid" could have been left out. Some will argue that sometimes there is just no other appropriate word, but IMO, it could negatively affect the reputation of the band for someone who doesn't know their work.

Hey, RN-open up those windows and sing your heart out!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
08-23-2011, 03:57 PM
(08-22-2011 06:52 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  Today I listened to (and watched) the bonus CD to Beyond the Lighted Stage for the 1st time.
Yes, I know.....but my husband is not a RUSH fan like I am. I took advantage of him being gone all day. Great footage. I could have done without the kid who was unable to speak more than 2 words without inserting the "F" bomb, though. The dinner scene in the original documentary was pretty funny, but in the bonus CD, I nearly DIED laughing Big Grin Too hilarious!!!

I totally agree about the kid and the "F" bomb.
It's one thing to use it for emphasis and hopefully be grammatically
correct in the process. But using it repeatedly in the same sentence
just reflects a lack of education and a deficient vocabulary.
08-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Van Morrison.
A .... "part" of my life from long ago gave me a Morrison cassette, soon after I was married (first wife) and I voiced my opinion on someone that would even attempt such a thing as she did with me.
Twas' a shame, for she was an important, fun, crazy, ... true.... part of my life before my marraige; ending on such a sour note as that.

Bla-bla-bla.... where's my drink?

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
08-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Buddy Guy played a blistering set at the Music Hall in Portsmouth, NH tonight. His opener was/is Quinn Sullivan. Quite the virtuoso for being all of twelve (yes, 12) years old! He does have a cd out and hung at the swag booth signing copies. The seacoast was rocked!

Shifting & Drifting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-24-2011, 06:08 AM
Sorry if this was already posted.

Good stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTcokoyn_...r_embedded

I eat, therefor I am.

2011 Ironman Lake Placid - Finisher
08-24-2011, 06:24 AM
(08-23-2011 10:02 PM)BrianW Wrote:  Buddy Guy played a blistering set at the Music Hall in Portsmouth, NH tonight. His opener was/is Quinn Sullivan. Quite the virtuoso for being all of twelve (yes, 12) years old! He does have a cd out and hung at the swag booth signing copies. The seacoast was rocked!

I saw Buddy Guy about 6 years ago. When he still had HAIR! He pretty much smoked his set, and then handed me one of his guitar picks as he came down to sign autographs.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
08-24-2011, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2011 06:55 AM by NWoBHM.)
(08-24-2011 06:08 AM)Detroit Dan Wrote:  Sorry if this was already posted.

Good stuff!

Very nice indeed - impeccable timing. I liked the pitch bending by forcing the stick into the snare skin (very Dave Weckl - although he generally uses the first tom) and the solo bit at 2.00 mins where he does 1, snare 2, tom 3 tom with Left Hand, and syncopated with 1, snare 2, tom 3, tom 4 tom with Right I first saw Billy Cobham do back in the early Eighties. I used to do this fill (when I had the toms to do it) and it is this weird circular motion right hand doing right circles, left hand doing left and every now and then (I am too tired to work out at which beat that is) both hands arrive back at the snare together - certainly impressed the crowds, but it was more a mind twister......

Living the dream over here in Blighty
08-24-2011, 06:53 AM
(08-24-2011 06:08 AM)Detroit Dan Wrote:  Sorry if this was already posted.

Good stuff!

That was great! Thanks for posting it Dan.
08-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Also... A GREAT job on the video. Yeah, it's all about the drumming but whoever did the camera work was spot on. He knew his stuff and was right on with changes.

I eat, therefor I am.

2011 Ironman Lake Placid - Finisher