Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Love Food But Need To Lose Weight
10-18-2011, 09:03 AM
RE: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight
(10-16-2011 10:22 PM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Wait! Spanicopita isn't good for you?

[Image: overreact.gif]

Baked savory spinach and cheese, I don't know, I think it's got to be good for you. Maybe one or two. With a little Tatziki. Opa! I think we need to have some definitive proof on this so called evil or this or tasty num nums remains in the good and good for you category. Big Grin

Oh Bleat!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2011, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2011 06:24 PM by VincentUlyssis.)
MMM, you're making me hungry!

Today for lunch I had an egg white and vegetable omelette with hot sauce. It was yum and I felt great about that choice...

...until I wandered into the HS principal's "open stash" of chocolate, figuring that one little peanut butter cup won't hurt. After all, you can't deny yourself all pleasure!

As usual one led to THREE and a mini hershey's milk chocolate bar (it was a mini, I swear!).

"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."
"Lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it's been.
"You've been all over and it's been all over you."
"I couldn't help doing what I couldn't help doing but I'm not doing it anymore."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Victory! I have been so moderately reasonable in my portions and choices. I wish I could ride like this forever. Thanksgiving will probably knock me down. Anyway, again I digress...

Protein bar and coffee, skim, no sugar at breakfast. The bar has sugar but is high in protein and low in saturated fat. Powerbar Vanilla crisp is the only one with .5 grams. All others seem to have five or greater. One had about 12! Heart attack!

For awhile I was eating one with 4 grams-didn't thin anything of it. It was really good too! Ate one every morning. My cholesterol went up 60 points!

2 egg white vegetable (onions, mushrooms, spinach, tomato) omelette with a little hot sauce-lunch, and a sensible small portion for dinner. Haven't had chocolate or junk in several days.

I can feel it starting to melt off with just walking a few times per week. If I could remain as disciplined for a "season"-a long season- and deny self gratification (on so many levels), living selflessly in every way. That would be a true edification to my "self" in a most profound and life-changing way!

"I couldn't help doing what I couldn't help doing but I'm not doing it anymore."
11-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Hit a low. Thanks to Halloween chocolate and my inability to control myself, I am again on the "upswing." I keep vowing to be better the next day, only to fall flat on my face. I went to lunch today and ate the fried coconut chicken tenders with creamed spinach. I feel like I need to stay away from food! Help!!!!!

11-10-2011, 08:55 PM
(11-10-2011 12:25 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  Hit a low. Thanks to Halloween chocolate and my inability to control myself, I am again on the "upswing." I keep vowing to be better the next day, only to fall flat on my face. I went to lunch today and ate the fried coconut chicken tenders with creamed spinach. I feel like I need to stay away from food! Help!!!!!

Just stay out of the cafeteria!Big Grin

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
11-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Hang in there, Vincent!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
11-11-2011, 07:55 AM
There is chocolate in every office, in my home....ahhhhhhh!

11-11-2011, 03:33 PM
(11-11-2011 07:55 AM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  There is chocolate in every office, in my home....ahhhhhhh!

The chocolate is poison, the chocolate is poison....

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
11-12-2011, 08:06 AM
The chocolate is poison, the chocolate is poison....
Yes, but such a sweet, sweet way to be poisoned Smile

If you can't play by OUR rules take your toys and go home!! [Image: rulez.gif]
11-12-2011, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 05:16 PM by VincentUlyssis.)
When I die, I want to be eating chocolate.

To Clarify... I don't want to die CHOKING on it. I merely wish to be enjoying for several seconds as it melts slowly like silk on my palette and I pass out, my heart stops...

...preferably at age 90 or so with the afternoon autumn sun shining upon my tired smiling face.

....I won't be that old if I don't stop eating so much chocolate.

...and cheese. Oh how I love asiago!

Mmm, I think I'll warm up my appetite with a small crumb (okay "chunk") of cheese with some Apothic Red.
Oh, and it must be drunk out of the cut crystal glass we received at our wedding 21 years ago.