Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Nag-Thread
08-19-2010, 11:23 AM
RE: The Nag-Thread
Lost my glasses in Port Dover last Friday.

Got the replacements today.

$462. Angry

Jeezuz.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2010, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2010 01:17 PM by Mufasa.)
My latest insurance company drama:

To whom it may concern

On July 7, 2010 I admitted my wife, Dawn into the ***** Medical Center ER in Wichita, KS.
Dawn has a long, documented history with her primary physician, Dr **** ***, for the treatment of severe migraine headaches.
On this same day, Dawn attempted to see Dr *** in order to be treated for a migraine that she had been fighting for several days.
Dawn was told that she would not be allowed to drive after the treatment, and I was not back into town yet, so she was unable to locate a driver to take her to the appointment so that she would not have to drive upon leaving.

Dawn also placed a call into Dr **** office late that evening, but by the time I decided that she truly did need to be treated immediately, she had not received a return call. I insisted that she let me take her to the ER - Dawn refused, stating that it would cost too much. I watched her lie on the bathroom floor with her head covered in ice-gel packs, trying in vain not to repeatedly throw up from the pain.
Dawn had stomach surgery a few years ago, in which a sac was formed above her stomach to prevent acid from further eating away at her esophagus wall. One rule that she was warned about above all else, was if at all possible.... do not throw up - ever! (for fear of tearing the formed sac from her stomach - in which case, if she did not reach treatment in time, she would be in grave danger.

By now she had thrown up at least ten times (dry heaving by now), and had stopped sweating, so it was obvious that she was dehydrated.
I called Wesley Center, speaking to the admission desk rep. I stated my name, my place of employment, and my insurance information.
I also voiced my concern that this visit would not be covered, but after explaining Dawns history and what she was presenting at that moment, the rep told me quite clearly that my insurance would indeed cover this visit - because it was obviously an emergency.

Dawn received treatment from Dr David *****, who stated that Dawn was severely dehydrated, and was indeed in danger of tearing the sac if they did not get the throwing up stopped. Dawn was given Phenergen and Stadol for the pain and sickness, as well as a large fluid bag through an IV.
Her pain eased off and she stopped dry heaving - falling asleep soon thereafter.

Now - to hear that the claim was denied on the basis that "there was no referral" is at best, laughable.
Dr **** has refused to offer Dawn a "retro-active referral" on unknown grounds - this is enough for me to have Dawn drop Dr **** as her physician, effective this moment. Especially considering that Dawn had already attempted a visit for treatment that very same afternoon, as well as Dawns history of migraines.

Before I go any further into this appeal - I will ask you, if this was your loved one, or your child... or even yourself (for those of you that live with migraines) what would your course of action had been?
Sit and watch while your wife, husband or child writhed in pain on the bathroom floor? Praying that they did not rip something unseen internally that would place their lives in immediate danger? Or would you have gathered them up as quickly as you could, and have someone a bit more qualified than yourself examine them and offer release from the pain and suffering?
Granted, I did not take the time to go search for my policy, and sit there reading through the henceforth and whereto-fores to determine if I was indeed allowed to take my wife to an ER - at midnight - because she was in horrible pain and possibly mortal danger.

That being said, you are welcome to check Dawns history of treatment for migraines, as well as her surgery records. If needed, I can supply both.

If I was an alcoholic, IV drug user that somehow overdosed on heroin and then shot myself in the ass with a stolen handgun that had just killed three children and an elderly woman, this claim would have been processed without hesitation.
I am not - I am simply a middle class husband that adores his wife, and did what I knew was the right thing for her at that moment in our lives.

You now have the chance to do the right thing.

Sincerely,

M Daniel

bastards....

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
08-19-2010, 05:42 PM
(08-19-2010 11:02 AM)RN-PRN Wrote:  I am tired of being tired...I have to get off of midnight shift. It is taking years off of my life!

It's a proven fact. Mids mess ya up quick. A three month rotation is long enough. Anything more than that is just crazy. I did 5 years in a row and I'm brain dead.
Whatever ya do, don't start taken tylenol pm, cuz I is a TPM junkie thanks to midnights.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
08-19-2010, 06:15 PM
(08-19-2010 01:14 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  My latest insurance company drama:

To whom it may concern

On July 7, 2010 I admitted my wife, Dawn into the ***** Medical Center ER in Wichita, KS.
Dawn has a long, documented history with her primary physician, Dr **** ***, for the treatment of severe migraine headaches.
On this same day, Dawn attempted to see Dr *** in order to be treated for a migraine that she had been fighting for several days.
Dawn was told that she would not be allowed to drive after the treatment, and I was not back into town yet, so she was unable to locate a driver to take her to the appointment so that she would not have to drive upon leaving.

Dawn also placed a call into Dr **** office late that evening, but by the time I decided that she truly did need to be treated immediately, she had not received a return call. I insisted that she let me take her to the ER - Dawn refused, stating that it would cost too much. I watched her lie on the bathroom floor with her head covered in ice-gel packs, trying in vain not to repeatedly throw up from the pain.
Dawn had stomach surgery a few years ago, in which a sac was formed above her stomach to prevent acid from further eating away at her esophagus wall. One rule that she was warned about above all else, was if at all possible.... do not throw up - ever! (for fear of tearing the formed sac from her stomach - in which case, if she did not reach treatment in time, she would be in grave danger.

By now she had thrown up at least ten times (dry heaving by now), and had stopped sweating, so it was obvious that she was dehydrated.
I called Wesley Center, speaking to the admission desk rep. I stated my name, my place of employment, and my insurance information.
I also voiced my concern that this visit would not be covered, but after explaining Dawns history and what she was presenting at that moment, the rep told me quite clearly that my insurance would indeed cover this visit - because it was obviously an emergency.

Dawn received treatment from Dr David *****, who stated that Dawn was severely dehydrated, and was indeed in danger of tearing the sac if they did not get the throwing up stopped. Dawn was given Phenergen and Stadol for the pain and sickness, as well as a large fluid bag through an IV.
Her pain eased off and she stopped dry heaving - falling asleep soon thereafter.

Now - to hear that the claim was denied on the basis that "there was no referral" is at best, laughable.
Dr **** has refused to offer Dawn a "retro-active referral" on unknown grounds - this is enough for me to have Dawn drop Dr **** as her physician, effective this moment. Especially considering that Dawn had already attempted a visit for treatment that very same afternoon, as well as Dawns history of migraines.

Before I go any further into this appeal - I will ask you, if this was your loved one, or your child... or even yourself (for those of you that live with migraines) what would your course of action had been?
Sit and watch while your wife, husband or child writhed in pain on the bathroom floor? Praying that they did not rip something unseen internally that would place their lives in immediate danger? Or would you have gathered them up as quickly as you could, and have someone a bit more qualified than yourself examine them and offer release from the pain and suffering?
Granted, I did not take the time to go search for my policy, and sit there reading through the henceforth and whereto-fores to determine if I was indeed allowed to take my wife to an ER - at midnight - because she was in horrible pain and possibly mortal danger.

That being said, you are welcome to check Dawns history of treatment for migraines, as well as her surgery records. If needed, I can supply both.

If I was an alcoholic, IV drug user that somehow overdosed on heroin and then shot myself in the ass with a stolen handgun that had just killed three children and an elderly woman, this claim would have been processed without hesitation.
I am not - I am simply a middle class husband that adores his wife, and did what I knew was the right thing for her at that moment in our lives.

You now have the chance to do the right thing.

Sincerely,

M Daniel

bastards....

I'm in agreement with you! For her doctor, to choose not to give a retroactive referral is inexcusable! Definitely time to find a new doctor!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user