Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Christmas!
12-26-2011, 09:07 PM
RE: Christmas!
Brutus has one. Think he might even have a receipt for it.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2011, 09:25 PM
(12-26-2011 09:07 PM)boomer Wrote:  Brutus has one. Think he might even have a receipt for it.

You're right! But I bet he doesn't want to sacrifice it.....

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
Find all posts by this user
12-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Hasn't it already been sacrificed to the hungry Brutus?

12-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Very happy for you NBC!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday and are able to have a little R&R before the real-world returns next week!

I'm sitting here in a stupor, unable (or unwilling?) to pick myself up off the couch to do anything about the massive amount of chaos that has ensued since Christmas morning in our house. Boxes, gift wrap, presents, toys, cookies, decorations...from stem to stern! Where is the magic fairy who comes and cleans it all up??? Oh, that's right...I'm the magic fairy!!! Uh, 2Beers, wouldja mind sharing some of that Macallan???

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
12-27-2011, 02:09 AM
What a treat to see these pictures! All those terrific gifts. It warms the heartles of my....er...cockles of my heart.

I'm so happy for you, NBC... and, yes, we'd love to meet the lucky lady!

Ren Man got me an effects unit for my guitar and a book on playing rock and blues. Katie got me Nightmare Before Xmas socks and a cool tee-shirt. In-laws gave me cash.... with which I ordered the Sectors Box 3. So, not too bad.

Oh, I brought a donut for the sacrifice. It looked so good that I had to take a bit, tho.... sorry.

[Image: chocolate_donut.jpg]

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
12-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Looks like everyone had a great Holiiday! I loved the Santa Brutus GW, looks like he was pilferin' some of your goodies! I was slackin' all day yesterday in preparation for the return to work today (uggh!) so I haven't downloaded our pics from the festivities yet. Santa Billie was good to me this year, as usual...got a Clapton DVD from the Montreux Fest in '86, along with a Queen one (her favorite!) from Montreal too, loads of good tunes on both! Best thing I got (or got rid of!) was this blasted double-vision last Friday! Nice not to have to wear the prism lense or eat 60mg of Pretazone every day! I guess miracles DO happen every now and again! Can't wait for New Years now, gotta' load up on some spirits...pretty much drained our supply over the past 4-5 days! Keep the pics coming, I'll try and get a few of ours up tomorrow!...Peace Ya'll!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
12-27-2011, 06:37 PM
It sounds like several of you had a great Christmas!
NBC, I agree with HardwareGrl and the others, we need to meet her, or at least have her stop in so we can say hello.........and hopefully not scare her off Smile

I gave my husby, Bubba's book, "Far and Away" as well as DVDs of his favorite movies and tv shows. After several years of hinting, he did some searching and found the "Anne of Green Gables" movies on DVD for me (yes, I LOVE those movies, I am teary-eyed while watching them, and would love to live on P.E.I. if I could, even for just a year!). We celebrated with our extended family (well my side) on Christmas Eve and then relaxed on Christmas day. It was just a really nice day Smile

A party without cake is really just a meeting
01-01-2012, 06:00 PM
See you all Next Christmas! 2011 was a memorable one for sure!
01-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Scored pretty big this year with lots of new gear including a 24 track protastudio and this cool vocal stomp box that adds harmonies to my voice in accordance with the key I am paying guitar in. Best of all though, is that my Laura and I got almost two weeks alone together without any pressure to get anything done. We shopped, feasted and spent a lot of time cuddled up watching movies. Now that we're back to the grind, I have got to say, that was the best present of all.

Sounds like everyone had a good time of it.

Oh I almost forgot to mention, three Rush concert shirts, two Bubba's Bar And Grill hats and Contents Under Pressure which I just finished reading. Just a great read with all the input from the band.

Oh Bleat!
01-04-2012, 06:08 PM
I have that book, too, Jetrow. I found it to be very enlightening, especially as it's the Boys themselves talking about stuff. That's always the best way, IMO.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!