Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Nature
12-20-2011, 08:10 AM
RE: Nature
Scythe, it was amazing! You could spend the whole day underwater and not see it all. The second largest (longest?) barrier reef in the world. Too windy to travel the day we were scheduled to visit the famous Blue Hole. I'd like to get back to that some day. Please go, and while you're there, have a conch fritter for me. I got addicted to them while visiting.

Hoobah-doobah
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2011, 07:16 PM
(12-20-2011 08:10 AM)BrianW Wrote:  Scythe, it was amazing! You could spend the whole day underwater and not see it all. The second largest (longest?) barrier reef in the world. Too windy to travel the day we were scheduled to visit the famous Blue Hole. I'd like to get back to that some day. Please go, and while you're there, have a conch fritter for me. I got addicted to them while visiting.

Sounds yummy! I'll be sure to try it.

I've seen pics of the Blue Hole. Makes me feel all warm and gravity-less just thinking about it. *sigh*

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
12-30-2011, 01:28 PM
What a great day for running today. I was visited by a Bald Eagle as I ran around a local lake/park. It showed up on the second lap, and as I came around on the third it flew out of a tree it was perched in , maybe 20 feet overhead and 30+ feet in front of mee and dropped the remains of its lunch in the lake. All I could think was WOW!Big Grin

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
12-30-2011, 01:30 PM
SG that is definitely a WOW event! You run for a reason and are rewarded.

Hoobah-doobah
12-30-2011, 08:49 PM
A friend of mine sent me these pics. They're from some people in Australia who specialize in tree shaping. They're all living trees! Anyone want a new hobby?
[Image: 6604121747_02dc13ba16_t.jpg]
tree6 by Gungawoman, on Flickr
[Image: 6604121605_107422ce26_t.jpg]
tree5 by Gungawoman, on Flickr
[Image: 6604121333_d076db1584_t.jpg]
tree3 by Gungawoman, on Flickr
[Image: 6604121053_b297903e72_t.jpg]
tree2 by Gungawoman, on Flickr
[Image: 6604120867_a749ef4cae_t.jpg]
tree1 by Gungawoman, on Flickr

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
12-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Those are kinda neat, thanks for sharing Gunga.

If you can't play by OUR rules take your toys and go home!! [Image: rulez.gif]
12-31-2011, 01:44 AM
Those are too cool, GW! We have lots of trees... maybe we could give it a try.

(12-30-2011 01:28 PM)smoker guy Wrote:  What a great day for running today. I was visited by a Bald Eagle as I ran around a local lake/park. It showed up on the second lap, and as I came around on the third it flew out of a tree it was perched in , maybe 20 feet overhead and 30+ feet in front of mee and dropped the remains of its lunch in the lake. All I could think was WOW!Big Grin

There seems to be a veritable epidemic of eagle visits to the B&G crowd. Now, if I were superstitious that might make me wonder.... But I'm not. I'm spiritual and I think these are a blessing, both as a sight for us to see and as a symbol of connectedness among us. Maybe not. I'm kinda odd that way, though. If Nature seems to be shouting, I try to listen. Huh

01-16-2012, 02:41 PM
SM, remember in the 60s and 70s when you couldn't find an eagle in the lower 48? I just hung an owl box that I built myself. Will keep you posted of any tenants.

Hoobah-doobah
01-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Very cool

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
01-16-2012, 05:58 PM
(01-16-2012 02:41 PM)BrianW Wrote:  SM, remember in the 60s and 70s when you couldn't find an eagle in the lower 48? I just hung an owl box that I built myself. Will keep you posted of any tenants.

Unfortunately, I do remember. And I love owls, too! Can't wait to see what happens. Did you set up a camera inside?