Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the Weirdest Food (of Food Combo) That You Have Ever Eaten/Been served?
09-05-2010, 03:09 AM
RE: What is the Weirdest Food (of Food Combo) That You Have Ever Eaten/Been served?
(09-04-2010 06:13 PM)boomer Wrote:  
(09-04-2010 03:08 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(09-04-2010 02:40 PM)boomer Wrote:  
(09-04-2010 12:40 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  I've eatten various species of flys, probably fly eggs too, moths, Nats, beetles, bees and many other crunchy bugs all while
riding my bike. Does this count?

Oh thats just roadkill guy. We all eat those various forms of protein at one time or another. Like the time I was grilling chicken and didnt know a dragonfly had imbedded himself into some chicken I grilled, but thats another story.

My husband just said that those are always good with ketchup!

I prefer the Grey Poupon myself! Gives it a little tang.Tongue

Maybe a little A-1 would help! Ew!
My step-father lives in Cambodia and one can get fried tarantulas and various insects cooked and fried, as well as boiled fertilized eggs. He doesn't partake, but his wife and her family are native to the country so they probably do.

My mom's peanut butter/hamburgers pale in comparison to what I've seen in this thread so far!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2010, 06:20 AM
RE: What is the Weirdest Food (of Food Combo) That You Have Ever Eaten/Been served?
This thread kind of reminds me of our conversations during our evening meal at the table around my house. It goes downhill right after "Amen".

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
09-05-2010, 10:59 AM
(09-05-2010 06:20 AM)boomer Wrote:  This thread kind of reminds me of our conversations during our evening meal at the table around my house. It goes downhill right after "Amen".

Classic!

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
09-05-2010, 12:48 PM
For me, it was dog. Seoul, Korea. Kind of the "When in Rome" mentality. Albeit, they took us to an "entry level" such establishment where the pooch was well integrated into a stew. Unlike the "hardcore" places where Fido is served on the table ala-pig-with-apple-in-the-mouth.
In a word, it was gristly. I'll leave it at that.

However - I will share a piece of a story that to this day keeps me laughing.

NPR radio program "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me."
The guest was the culinary critic and Pulitzer winner Jonathan Gold. (Jonathan specializes in finding off-the-path cuisine in hole-in-the-wall places and putting them on the map).

Host Peter Sagal says to him: "Okay, lets get the obvious question that everyone must ask you out of the way. What is the strangest thing you've ever eaten in one of these small places you like to visit?"

Jonathan: "Oh thats easy. Brazen Goat Pen%s."

(the crowd erupts into laughter, shock, etc.)

Peter Sagal: "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute. Did you just say..."brazen?"

"Let's laugh about this together, shall we?"
09-06-2010, 04:57 PM
There's this little coffee shop at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas. Every time I go there, I order cheese quesadillas, mashed potatoes, and and toast. I don't know why, but that particular combo has just gotten to taste super mega good together. Only in Vegas, I guess.
09-06-2010, 11:11 PM
(09-06-2010 04:57 PM)Laffitupfzbl Wrote:  There's this little coffee shop at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas. Every time I go there, I order cheese quesadillas, mashed potatoes, and and toast. I don't know why, but that particular combo has just gotten to taste super mega good together. Only in Vegas, I guess.

That doesn't sound too odd really. It almost sounds like what I call a "Batchelor" meal. My husband likes to tell about his single days, when he was broke, waiting for payday, and he would eat things like instant potatoes topped with barbecue sauce. He still likes to eat them that way.

My daughter watches one of those teen girls shows on Nickelodeon in which the character's favorite meal is "spaghetti tacos". So she asked me if I would make them sometime soon. I have the taco shells, and I will indulge the girl, and we can see if they're good or not.

For something really odd, (and gross), there was a missionary who came to speak at my church a few years ago, and he was telling us about a trip to Africa, where he had to eat goat's eyes. A lady there had made a meal for him to show her appreciation and she served goats eyes. He ate them so as not to offend her. As he was telling that story, we were all sitting in our seats, losing whatever appetites we had for lunch waiting at home. Yuck!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
09-07-2010, 06:39 AM
I would be killed dead in a situation like that, because I would offend the heck out of everyone and RUN from the table. I can't even choke down a cheeseburger if it comes out of the bag with the wrong toppings. UGH!
09-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Well, it's not exactly a weird food combo but it definitely qualifies as weird, to me anyway. My parents and I were on vacation this past weekend and it was Lobsterpalooza at the restaurant in which we were dining. My Dad ordered the salmon with no problems, while my Mom and I ordered the Lobsters. This was the first time I ever had a lobster in front of me unprepared. I have to admit I was a little sad as "Dexter" stared up at me. I was thankful the menu had guidelines on how to go about dismantling the little guy. Everything worked out pretty well w/mine, but my Mom's...not so pretty. Apparently, there is a little known delicacy known as "Tomale" inside the lobster. My Mom hit the jackpot! Except, her jackpot wasn't so attractive. The "Tomale" is this kind of green stuff that is secreted from the liver of the lobster. My Dad kept egging her on to taste it but, no dice. What I can't figure out, is why her lobster was so full of it...was he an alcoholic lobster? So, if any of you real chefs can enlighten me on this little delicacy, I would love to know more about it. I would much rather hear from someone who is experienced than the Wikipedia entry.

"Hope is what remains to be seen."- Bubba
09-11-2010, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2010 03:44 PM by Mufasa.)
KRISPY KREME CHEESEBURGER

[Image: krispykremecheeseburger.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WAH!!!?? NO BACON????

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
09-11-2010, 03:52 PM
I don't even see any pickles or onion. I mean - ya gotta have at least a slice of onion, or even tomato. Maybe some jalapeno slices perhaps. Little spice for flavor.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"