Love Food But Need To Lose Weight
02-17-2012, 08:50 PM
RE: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight
The sugary kind tastes better. Smile Regular oatmeal tastes like water.Confused
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Well, if I HAVE to eat oatmeal, it better have some real maple syrup in it.Rolleyes

Find all posts by this user
02-17-2012, 08:53 PM
(02-17-2012 08:52 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Well, if I HAVE to eat oatmeal, it better have some real maple syrup in it.Rolleyes

Now you're talkin'!
02-17-2012, 08:54 PM
(02-17-2012 08:48 PM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Mmmmmm.. oatmeal!! I'm a fan of the Raisins and Spice. I do add a bit of Smart Balance because I like my oatmeal to have a balance of buttery and sweet.

GW is right about "famine mode." I went on a diet once of 1500/day and that happened to me. It's really frustrating to eat like that and not lose any weight. (You're also right about diet soda - Blech!)

Philip, you can't make yourself like something but you can resign yourself to it. So add some flavor: cinnamon, raisins, apple, dried cranberries or other berries, etc. Make it palatable to yourself, at least.

Oh I have tried everything from everything you describe to blue berries and to holding my nose while I eat it. As long as it is good for me I will endure.
02-17-2012, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2012 12:20 AM by Rey.)
(02-17-2012 08:48 PM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  GW is right about "famine mode." I went on a diet once of 1500/day and that happened to me. It's really frustrating to eat like that and not lose any weight. (You're also right about diet soda - Blech!)

I don't know, never had a problem with this famine mode stuff. What can I say? It works for me. Seen it my own self. Lost all kinds of weight last winter doing the same thing. I guess people react differently to it. Huh All I know is what works because I've experienced it. The hardest part is just to not eat so much. After a few days your stomach shrinks a bit and then you don't feel so hungry.

I'm just trying to share what worked for me thats all. Your results may vary. Famine mode...sheeet. My body has never known what famine is. Lucky that.

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
02-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Well, just be aware of it. If you stop losing while still eating light that is a likely reason. Wink

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
02-19-2012, 09:01 PM
I think the key is to reduce caloric intake without skipping meals. Once the body senses that calories are not coming in it will go to a starvation mode.

The body quickly adapts to change.

This has worked for me short term...

Eliminating something for a day or two...like meat, or dairy. The best long term is to eat smaller portions with the elimination of saturated fats and emphasis on veggies.

Lots of water people! (All of this said after a night of cheese, sausage, meatballs, pasta and chocolate dipped strawberries.)