Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
03-09-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: What are you listening to?
When I need undemanding background sound to get real work done (like, ah, today), I have a 3.7-hour playlist of early Rippingtons (Curves Ahead, Moonlighting, Tourist in Paradise, Kilimajaro, Welcome to the St. James Club).

Sometimes I listen in chronological order, sometimes I put it on shuffle if I feel really excited.... :-)

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2012, 02:19 AM
Had the Canadian Polka Trio on shuffle last night (that's how I got familiar with the large parts of their back catalog that I'd missed). Anyway, Red Barchetta came on (the new 5.1 remix) and I had to stop what I was doing and listen. Holy cow but that song is great! Everything about it is exciting. Big Grin

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
03-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Besides The Canadian Polka Trio, I recently stumbled upon an Irish rock band from Dublin, Ireland named Kopek. Only 1 album out as of yet, but looking forward to their follow up. Good stuff.
03-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Listened to Great Big Sea most of the late morning/ early PM while in the sugar house today. Realized that at some point during our first boil I blew a speaker on my portable speaker system. REALLY need to get a new set out there. As if all that equipment aint loud enough already...

November is now MOvember. Knowledge is POWER and the Mustache is KING. Support mens Health and my Mustache farm here: http://mobro.co/counselor
03-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Neil Young. Guy might not have the greatest personality....but he can sure write them!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Love Great Big Sea: bands from St. John's always have a rocking edge (I think they have to because of their geography).

Boomer: Maybe it's me, but I'd love to see a collaboration between Neil and the Canadian Polka Trio. Thoughts?

----
03-10-2012, 11:25 PM
I almost think that would be more than I can stand. Wow! Never thought about it but it could work!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2012, 12:07 AM
I think it would be awesome -- they're all pretty much the same age, and have freaking great taste in both lyrics and music. But we need to suggest a theme?

----
03-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Big Grin the rattle of the closet sliding doors and the "thump" of the riding gear being pulled out and placed on the kitchen table because it's getting used today. Whoo HOO!!!

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
03-11-2012, 12:01 PM
(03-10-2012 11:11 PM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  Love Great Big Sea: bands from St. John's always have a rocking edge (I think they have to because of their geography).

Boomer: Maybe it's me, but I'd love to see a collaboration between Neil and the Canadian Polka Trio. Thoughts?

That would be rather interesting..Polka and Celtic music mix...hmmm.