Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cooking (and cleaning) as an act of love
09-22-2010, 07:34 PM
RE: Cooking (and cleaning) as an act of love
Never had a moment when I didn't feel like anything I can do to help my wife was not fair game. She works just as hard (or harder) as I do.
She's pretty spiffy, and I like her. That love stuff is all fine and dandy, but I've been in love with someone and not liked them very much at all. I "like" her. I'd hang out with her even if we weren't married.
I wanna choke her in her sleep sometimes... but that passes. Usually.
[Image: venusk.th.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2010, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2010 08:05 PM by VincentUlyssis.)
Is that her? She's beautiful. I feel the same way about Marisa. I love AND like her, but sometimes I don't like her and sometimes she "don't" like me.
..but we love each other.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-22-2010, 08:19 PM
(09-22-2010 08:04 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  Is that her? She's beautiful. I feel the same way about Marisa. I love AND like her, but sometimes I don't like her and sometimes she "don't" like me.
..but we love each other.

Thank you sir. Yeah - I have shots of her like this on several different beaches, from Hawaii to Savannah to Jamaica to a stream in the Smokies.
People underestimate "like" sometimes. It's all a crap shoot... no matter what, but the odds certainly seem better if you can still like each other no matter how pissed you are at one another. Sayin?

09-22-2010, 09:15 PM
I guess after 25 years of "WEDDED" (gulp!) bliss Tongue, my wife and I pretty much know where we are headed and what we want, and we dont need to analyze each other to figure it out. We have a lot of times where one is thinking it and the other is all over it. We learned compromise, and yeah...sometimes we have literally thrown the kitchen sink at each other. We have had a couple times where we got a bit close to "the edge" but I think we realized that we are better off with each other than trying to figure out another way. I know all about the liking part - we have been thru that one, but in the end, we have learned to be in love as much as love each other. Of course, maybe I am just getting too old for that other stuff. We're not "beautiful" people, by any stretch, but we are totally committed (or is that we should BE committed?) to each other. Nuff said.

Mufasa-you are a very lucky young man!

For You Steve & Monica - Your Love will forever shine on in our hearts!!!

[Image: monicasteve.jpg]
09-22-2010, 10:37 PM
You Gentleman have some very blessed ladies in your lives!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
09-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Thank you ma'am - and thanks for the "young" nod there Boomer. (I'll be fifty in Jan)

09-23-2010, 07:48 PM
I have to say that I have met some mighty cool people here on Bubba's Bar and Grill. I wish I could have you all over for a BBQ. I'll light a raging fire in the pit and we'll just hang!
09-23-2010, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2010 07:54 PM by Boomer.)
(09-23-2010 06:07 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Thank you ma'am - and thanks for the "young" nod there Boomer. (I'll be fifty in Jan)

Is THAT ALL? You're just a young'un. Trust me, I AIN'T that fur buhynd ewe! I still think I am 22, but then my arthritic knees start acting up.

Vince - you're ON! Maybe we ought to figure out some way to hook up at some point, although with colder weather coming that might be a bit difficult!

For You Steve & Monica - Your Love will forever shine on in our hearts!!!

[Image: monicasteve.jpg]
09-23-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm in San Remo, Long Island. Google it. It's a cool place on the banks of the Nissequogue River (tidal) that opens to the Long Island Sound. A great place for me to start cooking with love!
09-24-2010, 08:11 AM
(09-23-2010 07:48 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  I have to say that I have met some mighty cool people here on Bubba's Bar and Grill. I wish I could have you all over for a BBQ. I'll light a raging fire in the pit and we'll just hang!
You know, that would be seriously cool. A 0% chance that Bubba would attend, but hey, we should invite him anyway.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain