Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toronto @ ACC October 14
05-05-2012, 06:24 AM
RE: Toronto @ ACC October 14
(05-03-2012 04:24 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  Had a pow-wow w/the hubby the other night. If all the schedulin'/travelin'/moneyin' stars align, we shall sally forth to Taranah....
(Fingers/toes/appendages crossed) Rolleyes

Huzzah!

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm going to try and make the YYZ show but that might be difficult. I also want to get my GS to Whippinegg for that show and then meander west to Saskatoon (how cool is THAT eh?) and Edmonchuck. Too bad no Cowfart or Wet Coast but musn't grumble. But if you are in YYZ and looking for a great place to libate and hook up let me recommend my buddy The Lad's bar, Brass Taps on College. He's one of those persons who's got his finger on the pulse of the city. Theatre, music, eats all that junk. Plus he's a fun guy to hang with and it's not too far from The Orbit Room! Also he hung with me for 80 days on the road this winter and he still loves me (And I him). How rare is that? Tell him Brutus sent you. I'll keep you posted if I can swing being in the YYZ hood. The last time I did it I had a blast.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
05-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Whippinegg? YYZ? Things that make you go hmmm.

I have two shows scheduled so far, but am hoping for at least a third. Not sure yet how all that would shake out but Im HOPING to make at least one show on the bike. Thanks for the tip!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2012, 08:06 PM
My passport has been applied for and I think we are going to look under the couch cushions to see if we can find some extra coins to make it to The YYZ show.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
05-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Would love to have a brew (or 5) with you Brutus if you are able to make it to YYZ!! After-show partay at Brass Taps sounds good to me!!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
05-07-2012, 01:26 PM
It's too bad Brass Taps isn't closer to ACC though. Maybe find someplace that's more central to wherever folks find hotels, and book a private room, since there seems to be a great clump of us going.

----
05-07-2012, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2012 03:21 PM by ladijules.)
I'd love to have a chance to meet all you folks! LOL... I promise.. I'm not as weird in person as I seem online!

Knitter, I'm staying at hotel about a mile from the arena and I was planning on walking or taking a taxi to the show. I don't know if I can do the after show if its at a bar... got that 16 year old kid with me! Meeting before the show might be cool... grab dinner or something?

I hope everyone can make it!

Intolerant of Intolerance.
05-07-2012, 03:13 PM
(05-05-2012 09:49 PM)debskis Wrote:  Would love to have a brew (or 5) with you Brutus if you are able to make it to YYZ!! After-show partay at Brass Taps sounds good to me!!

We're in on that, too!
Have The Lad save us a table (or 12), eh Brutus?
Cool

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
05-07-2012, 03:48 PM
(05-07-2012 03:11 PM)ladijules Wrote:  I'd love to have a chance to meet all you folks! LOL... I promise.. I'm not as weird in person as I seem online!

Knitter, I'm staying at hotel about a mile from the arena and I was planning on walking or taking a taxi to the show. I don't know if I can do the after show if its at a bar... got that 16 year old kid with me! Meeting before the show might be cool... grab dinner or something?

I hope everyone can make it!

My guess is that we'll do dinner before, and those of us who can, or want to, can head somewhere later: I'm sure there will be folks who will be driving/flying out early the next day who will pack it in early.

----
05-08-2012, 01:18 PM
I think we may try to coordinate w/debskis on a hotel she's spied online, just a couple miles either way from both ACC and Brass Taps. It's not official, but looks the most promising...

....and since hubby has never been to Taranah before (heck, it's been prolly....25+ years *GULP!* since I visited), we are planning on staying a couple extra days to see the sights. Oh, we might also enjoy a frosty libation or two Cool.

Right now we're thinkin' start heading toward the Great White North on Sat 10/13, arrive YYZ Sun 10/14, leave Wed 10/17. Plans very fluid at this point, but that's making the most sense.

We are very excited and look forward to meeting up w/anyone making the trip!

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!