Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toronto @ ACC October 14
05-24-2012, 07:52 AM
RE: Toronto @ ACC October 14
(05-24-2012 03:11 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  OMGOMGOMG.... so, I asked B last night if we get the settlement before then and it's the amount we want, can I take $1500 or so and go to Tarranah? He said, "Whatever you want." [Image: thwhee.gif]

So I'm crossing my fingers and got my mojo workin'....

That would be so awesome, SM! We've sold off all our extra tix, but you shouldn't have a problem finding a single.

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Greetings all. If some here are looking for a good place to overnight, check out the http://www.torontoprimrosehotel.com/. Good place, easy walking distance to ACC and assorted pubs/restaurants.

Note: I have no affiliation with the hotel in any way, I've just always been treated very well there.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
05-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Jetrow, thanks for all the info! HUGS!! You are fantastic!

Intolerant of Intolerance.
05-28-2012, 04:41 PM
(05-27-2012 08:16 PM)ladijules Wrote:  Jetrow, thanks for all the info! HUGS!! You are fantastic!

Shucks Mam, Glad I can help a little. Blush

Oh Bleat!
05-29-2012, 08:08 AM
(05-27-2012 08:16 PM)ladijules Wrote:  Jetrow, thanks for all the info! HUGS!! You are fantastic!

I'll second that Jetrow - Kind of makes me wish I was going, what with all the information that you have provided for us all.
You went to a lot of work there..... Thanks
05-30-2012, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2012 06:48 AM by Jetrow.)
(05-29-2012 08:08 AM)onebad70ss Wrote:  

I'll second that Jetrow - Kind of makes me wish I was going, what with all the information that you have provided for us all.
You went to a lot of work there..... Thanks

You would be very welcome here onebad. Smile
It's never work when it's a pleasure to do it. I just hope it's magic for all attending and that the group can share some semblance of that with all those who can't make it here.

Thanks for your kind words. It's great fun to be part of a team especially with great folks taking the lead.
As to parking, there is a spot just behind the hotel that offer uncovered parking for $12 a day and another just north for $10 a day. I'll go check it out today and update you guys on it. Also just so everyone knows, the parking enforcement here is very aggressive. It's not unusual to get a ticket for just a couple minutes while you run in so be careful. You don't want to have you car towed believe me.

Oh Bleat!
05-30-2012, 08:53 AM
(05-30-2012 06:35 AM)Jetrow Wrote:  Also just so everyone knows, the parking enforcement here is very aggressive. It's not unusual to get a ticket for just a couple minutes while you run in so be careful. You don't want to have you car towed believe me.

Yeah, you beat me to that point. For those of you flying in, definitely skip renting a vehicle and take the shuttle (there's a discount if you book in advance online and for a return ticket -- check out http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/) or a cab into town. You really don't need a vehicle in downtown Toronto: public transportation is fabulous, and there's always cabs or walking....

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
05-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Did a little recon of the area parking and found that if you park you car yourself at the hotel it's $25 a night. There is also a parking lot across Alexander street to the North that has a few Zip cars if any of you happen to be members. The lot is not covered though and was full when I checked but that could change during the weekends. Another lot directly behind the hotel is also uncovered but a little cheaper. Access from with Wood st. or Alexander st.

Right around the corner on Carlton st. to the South is the entrance to the College st. subway station. This will serve you in good stead for getting around. It will take you down to Union station where you exit and follow the signs to the ACC. There is parking down there but you will think $30 for over night is a deal after seeing the prices. Not to mention, that between construction on Front st. and the concert, it will be a mad situation on the roads.

If you're up for it, and have the time, it's a nice stroll down Yonge st. window shopping and seeing all the stuff going on. Plenty of places to eat, lots of photo ops and all kinds of colourful characters. It pretty much ends at Queen st. and you can take the subway back up to College st. as it is a slight incline. If you have more pep yet, you can turn right on Queen st. and continue on for ages. Eaton Centre begins at Dundas and Yonge st. on the west side and terminates at Queen st.

Lastly if any of you smoke, there is no smoking anywhere indoors in Toronto. Patios are generally fine with it though and of course you can smoke anywhere outside.

Oh Bleat!
05-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks so much for all the info, Jetrow (and KBB, too)! Hubby and I plan on staying a couple extra days after the show on 10/14, and this will def help us in planning our sightseeing adventures! Remind me again...will you be going to the show?

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
05-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Again Thanks to Jetrow and KBB. Since it is a positive we shall be veturing into the far north this fall all the info is greatly appreciated Smile

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic