Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toronto @ ACC October 14
07-08-2012, 07:33 AM
RE: Toronto @ ACC October 14
(07-08-2012 04:12 AM)ladijules Wrote:  I was trying not to count the days! LOL! I got my rooms at the Courtyard Marriot booked, I got my ticket info (we went thorugh that VIP Nation thingy), I made sure we could cross the border with our New York ID's, I printed off everything and put it all in an envelope with "Rush concert" written on it and placed it in the desk drawer. (They are in the place of honor, ABOVE the tickets for Barry Manilow in August!) I'm so looking forward to this! I'm hoping I will get there early enough to see the Edge Walk Angels at the CN tower that day. Shaping up to be a fun day! Now I just have to come up with a good excuse for my daughter to not be in school the next day. I guess going to a great concert isn't considered an acceptable reason to cut school!
However, going to a foreign country might be. After all, you will be "On a family trip to Canada".

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Nettiesaur, you might have something there. I can call it a "Social studies" experiment... or maybe some kind of family field trip for her French class. LOL. Or I could just tell them I'm giving her a proper education in music appreciation!

Intolerant of Intolerance.
07-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Call it "attendance at an important family event in a foreign country" and you've covered all the bases.

Big Grin

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
07-09-2012, 09:13 PM
I think you folks are right. LOL.. not that it matters much, she's going anyway. What is the school going to do, yell at me? I think I'll live. AS long as the head nun doesn't come after me with a ruler! (Actually, the catholic school she goes to only has one nun.. and I"m sure I can outrun her!)

07-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Don't think you need to explain anything to anyone. Do what you want. If the nuns (or whatever) have a problem with it, well, it's their problem & not yours.

(Obviously I'm feeling particularly libertarian this morning.)

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
07-10-2012, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 09:35 PM by Nettie.)
Actually, a family trip to Canada, is all the excuse that's needed. I've accepted "A family trip to ________(wherever, usually their country of origin) as an acceptable excuse to miss a day or two of school.

and yes, I teach.

07-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Hey all! My boyfriend Dan and I are heading to Toronto for the weekend, taking in RushCon and staying at the Marriott. RushCon is running a shuttle to the ACC, so I'm not sure how its schedule would work out for meeting for dinner beforehand & after-parties, but I'll keep an eye on the plans here just in case! Hope to see some of you there! Smile Carrie

[Image: DSCF1634.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-16-2012, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012 10:50 PM by ladijules.)
(07-10-2012 07:38 AM)old honda rider Wrote:  Don't think you need to explain anything to anyone. Do what you want. If the nuns (or whatever) have a problem with it, well, it's their problem & not yours.

(Obviously I'm feeling particularly libertarian this morning.)

You're right of course. Besides... the one nun left there is like 90. I'm sure I can outrun her if she comes after me with a ruler! LOL! (Actually, she's really nice.. and probably wouldn't notice my kid being out of school.)
(07-10-2012 09:33 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  Actually, a family trip to Canada, is all the excuse that's needed. I've accepted "A family trip to ________(wherever, usually their country of origin) as an acceptable excuse to miss a day or two of school.
and yes, I teach.
Its not so much the teachers, its the administration. But yes, I think I'm just going to say "Look, important family trip. Live with it."

07-17-2012, 11:16 AM
So here's who we've got so far, I think: if I've missed anyone, let me know (and if you need the link for the Google Map again, ditto), and we can start planning dinner/after-party reservations.

boomer
Lulu Belle
2Beers
Fireman
burma.girl (+1)
debskis (+1)
ladijules (+2, right?)
RN-PRN (+1)
Jetrow
1 of the 7 (+1)
oldhondarider

Including me, that makes 18: yikes! We better find a big place for dinner....

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
07-17-2012, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 01:52 PM by ladijules.)
In my case, its plus 3. One other adult, and two teenagers (age 14 and 16) . LOL... definitely need a big place for dinner! As for after party... the kids are old enough that if the party is either AT the Courtyard Marriot or very close by, they will be fine in their room by themselves.