Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's your favourite beer?
05-05-2012, 11:35 AM
RE: What's your favourite beer?
(05-05-2012 05:02 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 05:12 PM)VStarRider Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 04:25 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 03:38 PM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  Had a Skull Splitter from Orkney Monday night, and one is quite adequate to sip on for an evening, as it's 8.5%.

One of my dreams is to one day own a Scottish Island crofters cottage, and sit and watch a storm come in, sat in front of my peat fire, with a Scotch........Oh no......have I let another dream be known..........

If that were a Facebook post, I would open another account just to give it TWO "likes".

Hi VStarRider - not sure if your compliment is for KBB or the Crofters Cottage quote, (or both) but thanks from me anyhow......

To set the scene -

[Image: property-graphics-_1095990a.jpg]

I reckon - on a nice little island like Barra, or Benbecula I could possibly be the best heavy metal drummer on the island...cool hey?

Actually both... so make that a total of four "likes." Big Grin

I've been to Scotland once, but that was only to refuel at the Navy base in Holy Loch and I didn't even get to leave the plane. NWoBHM conjures up a vision of a much nicer experience.

Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:I've been to Scotland once, but that was only to refuel at the Navy base in Holy Loch and I didn't even get to leave the plane. NWoBHM conjures up a vision of a much nicer experience.

I have never been to the Hebs either, just seen plenty of pictures and clips about it. There have been a couple of series on TV over here, "The Island Parish", about three Catholic priests who live on three adjoining Heb islands (one being Barra) and it is beautiful - another was a bloke living as a conservationist on Benbecula (in a cottage which looked identical to this image), and he would be out walking his dog on the beaches (which look almost Caribbean they are so white and the sea so clear), and he would look out to the West and say "you can see a snow storm coming in", and a little later it would hit the island - just fantastic.

I have always been fascinated by the thought of living on a small island, which is maybe why I have visited Sark, Aldernney in the Channel islands, Montserrat, Antigua in the Caribbean etc.......I would love to visit Benbecula one day, and (if I was ever rich enough) Pitcairn Island where the descendants of the Bounty Mutiny (Quinall, Christian, Adams etc) apparently still live.......

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2012, 04:13 PM
(05-05-2012 11:35 AM)VStarRider Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 05:02 AM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 05:12 PM)VStarRider Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 04:25 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 03:38 PM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  Had a Skull Splitter from Orkney Monday night, and one is quite adequate to sip on for an evening, as it's 8.5%.

One of my dreams is to one day own a Scottish Island crofters cottage, and sit and watch a storm come in, sat in front of my peat fire, with a Scotch........Oh no......have I let another dream be known..........

If that were a Facebook post, I would open another account just to give it TWO "likes".

Hi VStarRider - not sure if your compliment is for KBB or the Crofters Cottage quote, (or both) but thanks from me anyhow......

To set the scene -

[Image: property-graphics-_1095990a.jpg]

I reckon - on a nice little island like Barra, or Benbecula I could possibly be the best heavy metal drummer on the island...cool hey?

Actually both... so make that a total of four "likes." Big Grin

I've been to Scotland once, but that was only to refuel at the Navy base in Holy Loch and I didn't even get to leave the plane. NWoBHM conjures up a vision of a much nicer experience.

LOL and thanks from me too.

NWoBHM: Old Specked Hen is a regularly stocked item at the liquor purveyor nearest my BIL's place here in Saskatchewan: had some last night with the roast chicken dinner. I'd forgotten how really yummy it is.

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
05-08-2012, 02:27 AM
Quote:NWoBHM: Old Specked Hen is a regularly stocked item at the liquor purveyor nearest my BIL's place here in Saskatchewan: had some last night with the roast chicken dinner. I'd forgotten how really yummy it is.

Hi KBB, Yes it is a fantastic pint. I was drinking Green King IPA yesterday - a decent pint, but priced very reasoanbly at one of my local pubs....

Living the dream over here in Blighty
05-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Summit Winter Ale, Newcastle Brown Ale, Blue Moon.
05-22-2012, 08:48 PM
The one in my glass (actually a Unibrau tulip) which happens to be a homebrewed Bourbon-aged Belgian Dubbel Style,
05-24-2012, 07:58 AM
I've been on a Corona kick lately. Must be the limes.

06-17-2012, 05:49 PM
My adventure in eastern Ontario is drawing to an end, and I've been able to have a lot of great local pints.

Favourites have been Wellington County Dark Ale, Cameron Cream Ale ("brewed by a connoisseur, not an accountant"), Kawartha Lakes Raspberry Wheat, Creemore Springs Kellerbier, and Publican House Ale (a local brewpub).

Looking forward to trying more new ones when I head down towards the southwestern part of the province on Tuesday!

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
06-18-2012, 12:08 AM
(06-17-2012 05:49 PM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  My adventure in eastern Ontario is drawing to an end, and I've been able to have a lot of great local pints.

Favourites have been Wellington County Dark Ale, Cameron Cream Ale ("brewed by a connoisseur, not an accountant"), Kawartha Lakes Raspberry Wheat, Creemore Springs Kellerbier, and Publican House Ale (a local brewpub).

Looking forward to trying more new ones when I head down towards the southwestern part of the province on Tuesday!

Ah, Raspberry Wheat! McMenamin's makes a nice one they call Ruby. I've been searching around for some good Black Cherry Stout, myself. Fruit beers are hit & miss but some of the Black Cherry brews are outstanding.

07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
I just heard that July is Craft Beer Month. Let's celebrate!

Shifting & Drifting