Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toronto @ ACC October 14
07-17-2012, 02:40 PM
RE: Toronto @ ACC October 14
(07-17-2012 01:50 PM)ladijules Wrote:  In my case, its plus 3. One other adult, and two teenagers (age 14 and 16) . LOL... definitely need a big place for dinner! As for after party... the kids are old enough that if the party is either AT the Courtyard Marriot or very close by, they will be fine in their room by themselves.

"At" is probably out, with all the RushCon folks, but there's a pub (http://wellesleyfox.com/) close by that has cold beer and good wings.

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Did anyone else do the VIP nation package?

Intolerant of Intolerance.
07-24-2012, 11:29 PM
(07-24-2012 10:08 PM)ladijules Wrote:  Did anyone else do the VIP nation package?

We did not go that route... did tix thru Music Today. We'll be on the floor 18th row, Dirk's side. I hope your VIP option scores you a decent view!

Re: plans for get-togethers... since we'll be traveling from places Far & Away (heh), it's possible our arrival schedule will only allow us just enough time to check/settle in, prep for show and head to the venue. We're ALL IN for post-show partaying, but could be iffy on any potential pre-show dinner/gathering plans. Just keep us in the loop and we'll see what we can muster!

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
07-25-2012, 07:37 AM
(07-24-2012 10:08 PM)ladijules Wrote:  Did anyone else do the VIP nation package?

Yes I did the VIP thing for Toronto. Did you get your mechandise yet? I'm hoping we'll have great seats.
07-25-2012, 07:23 PM
(07-25-2012 07:37 AM)yosef Wrote:  

Yes I did the VIP thing for Toronto. Did you get your mechandise yet? I'm hoping we'll have great seats.

No, no merchandise yet. I don't think anyone has gotten any, for any of the shows. They do put a disclaimer down near the bottom saying we might not get it until after the show. I think thats stupid myself, but I guess we can't argue with them. Sigh. I was hoping to get at least the T-shirts before the show.

I'm hoping for decent seats too. LOL... preferably close enough to drool on Alex's shoes but I don't think I'll get THAT lucky! It will be fun no matter what I'm sure!

Burma, I hope you got a better ticket deal price wise. Those VIP nation tickets were insanely high! Worse, they don't even tell you where you are sitting exactly until you get there. They just say "first 15 rows". I wouldn't normally do it, but, well, my kid is going with me and it IS Rush!!! LOL!

07-25-2012, 08:33 PM
And for those of you who care, here's the link to The Whiskey Shop, available at selected Liquor Control Board of Ontario stores: the one at Yonge and Summerhill is the closest to the Marriott.... ;-)

(They list 175 entries in "single-malt Scotch"....) Cool

----
07-26-2012, 02:06 PM
(07-25-2012 08:33 PM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  And for those of you who care, here's the link to The Whiskey Shop, available at selected Liquor Control Board of Ontario stores: the one at Yonge and Summerhill is the closest to the Marriott.... ;-)

(They list 175 entries in "single-malt Scotch"....) Cool

NICE!!!! Thanks for the link!! HUGS! Might have to find a way to wander over there.....

07-26-2012, 06:03 PM
(07-26-2012 02:06 PM)ladijules Wrote:  
(07-25-2012 08:33 PM)knitterbookbinder Wrote:  (They list 175 entries in "single-malt Scotch"....) Cool

NICE!!!! Thanks for the link!! HUGS! Might have to find a way to wander over there.....

Open Sunday from 1100 to 1800, and Monday from 1000 to 2200, just so you know.... Big Grin

----
07-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh, man, I know the show is months away, but I'm feeling so PUMPED about it! Met a fellow today who had a Snakes and Arrows t-shirt. He was maybe 20 or so.

I asked if he was going to the show @ ACC but he said no, tix are just too much. Dude's got a very very tight budget. (Didn't we all at that age?)

Point is that our Polka Trio continually expand their fan base into the younger crowd! And I think it's great!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
07-30-2012, 08:10 PM
(07-26-2012 06:24 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  Oh, man, I know the show is months away, but I'm feeling so PUMPED about it! Met a fellow today who had a Snakes and Arrows t-shirt. He was maybe 20 or so.

I asked if he was going to the show @ ACC but he said no, tix are just too much. Dude's got a very very tight budget. (Didn't we all at that age?)

Point is that our Polka Trio continually expand their fan base into the younger crowd! And I think it's great!

They are expanding the generations and fan base. I think some of it is from Parents, but also from movies and such. I mean... the two coming with me are 14 and 16.. and are serious fans. Point in fact.. my daughter's whole school knows who Rush is, and most of them have at least something from Rush on their Ipods. (Rush was voted in the top 10 of favorite bands at their school.) I find it refreshing. Listening to the the entire cast of the spring play singing "spirit of radio" at the top of their lungs in unison while they were doing the stage break down was something to see!! LOL!