Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dirty Landbargin'
08-02-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Dirty Landbargin'
(08-02-2012 10:19 PM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  Man, yanno, I'm thinking more of a multi-day road-trippy type thing. Start out here, meet & greet, then set out and ride to a different destination, and so on and so on...CA, up the coast, to the OR & WA folks...like 5-6 days or so. Do you think that's possible?

I think it might be doable. I'd hafts Iron butt it to get out there quick, but hey what's a bit of a sore arse?

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Lanix...looking forward to seeing your pix. Unfortunately, I've been unable to view any you've posted so far.

Boomer...I never discriminate based on marque. I'll ride anything(and I mean ANYTHING) with 2 wheels and an internal combustion engine and have a blast on it. My view is, if it makes ya feel good...ride the wheels off that thing! Now I'll admit that in my area I come across a lot of "lifestyle" type riders who dress like pirates and, during the course of a ride, spend more time sitting on a bar stool than in the saddle. But one look at my route for the day and those guys generally slap me on the back and say "no thanks bud...have a good one".Smile

Bagel...I've had a few camera snobs excoriate me for posting iphone pix in the past. Glad to see the BnG bunch is more about function over form.

CD & Smoker...Keep me posted.Smile Now through Oct 31st is crunch time for me, but the rest of the year is wide open!

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
08-03-2012, 01:38 PM
A Brewhaha-West would be a plan for next year for me...this would be the soonest I could make it. It would definitely be a blast tho. Big Grin

08-03-2012, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 01:46 PM by Sunset.)
Jan through July of 2013 works for me too.Big Grin

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
08-03-2012, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 04:47 PM by Scooter Britches.)
Hmm, first week-ish of May, perhaps? Spring semester would be just over for me, and right now, I'm not planning on doing the summer semester. What sayest thou?

Providing that a certain polka band's touring schedule allows, that is... Smile

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
08-03-2012, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2012 05:12 PM by smoker guy.)
(08-03-2012 04:46 PM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  Hmm, first week-ish of May, perhaps? Spring semester would be just over for me, and right now, I'm not planning on doing the summer semester. What sayest thou?

Providing that a certain polka band's touring schedule allows, that is... Smile

I will give a tentive yes to that...also will depend upon weather. I gots ta cross dem Rockies to gets to Utah.Tongue

08-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Meh, in May? You should be fine! Smile You gotz knobbies!

Love and respect...
ASSTA Member
08-03-2012, 10:19 PM
(08-03-2012 07:51 PM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  Meh, in May? You should be fine! Smile You gotz knobbies!

Well...knobbetts at least. Just looked it up a bit ago and it's just over 1100 miles from Des Moines to Ogden. A straight shot on the I-80 mileage disposal unit. Easy Peasy lemon squeezy.Big Grin

08-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Saaaaaweeet! Keep yer fingers crossed!

Love and respect...
ASSTA Member
08-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Fingers, toes, and even my eyes are crossed.Tongue