Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night
09-28-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: Had my first "Measure of the Macallan" last night
(09-26-2012 09:29 PM)2Beers Wrote:  Fireman's comment......those pictures are a thing of beauty.

Yes...they are quite nice...I may have to break out the Cask Strength this weekend.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2013, 05:45 AM
Around here the price of Cask Strength almost doubled last spring, and their has not been on the shelf for several months now. Tried The Glenlivet Nadurra, a 16 year old cask strength. Not bad and not too pricey.

Following my morale compass
09-21-2013, 03:17 PM
GlenLivet's Nadurra is a fine Cask Strength. I am just finishing off a bottle I've been enjoying for the past few months. The nose is a pleasant toffee and vanilla, a sweet flavour that finishes nicely with a bit of caramel. Mmmmmm!Big Grin

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
09-30-2013, 01:04 PM
(09-21-2013 03:17 PM)smoker guy Wrote:  GlenLivet's Nadurra is a fine Cask Strength. I am just finishing off a bottle I've been enjoying for the past few months. The nose is a pleasant toffee and vanilla, a sweet flavour that finishes nicely with a bit of caramel. Mmmmmm!Big Grin

Agreed! A fine bottle.

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
10-12-2013, 12:00 PM
I actually broke down and bought a bottle of the 18yr old MacAllan. Lets see if it tastes better in my new GlenCairn glass.

10-12-2013, 12:28 PM
(10-12-2013 12:00 PM)smoker guy Wrote:  I actually broke down and bought a bottle of the 18yr old MacAllan. Lets see if it tastes better in my new GlenCairn glass.

Definitely awaiting your verdict/value $pecific judgement. I'm sure it's phenomenal, I just haven't had the minerals to pull the trigger yet.

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
10-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Having tasted that wonderful 18 yr elixir - its definitely tasty and smoooth! Very good on the palate. You can really sense a difference between the 12 and the 18, but thats just my opinion. Compared to the Glenliviet Nadurra, I'd say the 18 yr old is much better, but thats just my opinion.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2013, 02:07 PM
The last time I had the 18 yr old was in a tumbler, and I wasn't that impressed with it. I want to see how it tastes in my GC glass, I have a feeling that the nose will improve. Nadurra is a nice CS for the money...I've also had 18 yr old GlenMorangie(The Signet), abd 21 yr old GlenFiddich Gand Reserva(sadly, my favourite)...which can't be bought stateside as it's finished in a Cuban Rum cask, and my recent purchase of the 15yr old GlenDronach Revival. I have a feeling the 18 yr old Mac will fall nicely in with these others.Smile

I bought this with part of my 10 month raise backpay...this is not a bottle I'd want buy on a regular basis, sayin?Wink

10-14-2013, 09:31 AM
(10-12-2013 01:49 PM)Boomer Wrote:  Having tasted that wonderful 18 yr elixir - its definitely tasty and smoooth! Very good on the palate. You can really sense a difference between the 12 and the 18, but thats just my opinion. Compared to the Glenliviet Nadurra, I'd say the 18 yr old is much better, but thats just my opinion.

Wow...that gives me an idea about The Mac 18 because I think the Nadurra is most wonderful. Congrats on the nice bottle!

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
10-14-2013, 09:34 AM
I uncorked it and gave it a sniff, and the nose of it straight from the bottle is nice and sweet. It was much better than the first time I ever tried it. I still haven't taken a taste of it. I doubt that Single Malt and Absinthe would mix well.