Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spring US dates
12-02-2010, 08:55 AM
RE: Spring US dates
Grrr...Can we roll the clock back a few hours?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2010, 10:47 AM
(12-02-2010 07:52 AM)boomer Wrote:  Lately its been both knees to the point where just walking is a miracle. Even beginning to feel those aches in my back as well. I have had pain before but this saps the strength right outta you.

Go jump in a lake. Wink Really. Well... This time of year you can use a pool.
Seriously, I've found swimming to be the best medicine for knee, neck and back pain. It loosens things up. Just a few laps in a pool, a few days in a row = instant cure.

I eat, therefor I am.

2011 Ironman Lake Placid - Finisher
12-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Working on it! We got a memebership to the YMCA (no singing pls!) and they have a heated pool. I was starting to walk and get some exercise but then my knees started acting up. I'll get them back. Got to - I have riding plans for next spring.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2010, 11:05 AM
(12-02-2010 08:04 AM)RN-PRN Wrote:  I have to take motrin every time I round through the hospital which involves ALOT of walking. There are about 800 beds in the place. If I forget to take some, I will be hobbling back to my office. I don't like taking much other med wise. I can't figure out why people like narcotic pain meds. I had vicodin after foot surgery and all it did was make me sick.

Vicodin has the opposite effect on me. It makes me feel great. So much so that a vicodin and a few beers was becoming habit forming so I quit. I have always liked my drugs from way back in the day. Fortunately I never got addicted (seen to many friends go down the tubes). Drug testing keeps me from enjoying recreational drugs. I will take Motrin during and after some long workouts.

I eat, therefor I am.

12-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Glad to hear that you stopped DD...bad road to travel down.
12-02-2010, 11:10 AM
(12-02-2010 10:50 AM)boomer Wrote:  Working on it! We got a memebership to the YMCA (no singing pls!) and they have a heated pool. I was starting to walk and get some exercise but then my knees started acting up. I'll get them back. Got to - I have riding plans for next spring.

OMG! I just saw the Village People a few weeks ago. I got my picture taken with them. For the record, I got free VIP tickets, so I was only there for the food.
I took a bunch of video, but Youtube yelled at me and took it down. Big Grin

I eat, therefor I am.

12-02-2010, 11:12 AM
ACK! My kids knows that dance thing just annoys me to no end.

the other one is The Macarena.....man that just stomps on my every nerve.

12-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Macarena. Um... No. I can't do that one. I keep forgetting what comes next. Sad It's not like the Hokey-Pokey which comes with instructions.
However I have won a few twist contests.

I eat, therefor I am.

12-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Sorry - if somebody sees me dancing ANYTHING....I just won the lottery. They so overplayed both those......and the hokey pokey...thats one of those things they do in the penitentiary idn't it?

12-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I can't dance (wife expects me to look like a fool for some reason...) and certainly can't sing (wife forbids me to sing and I'm more than happy to oblige!).