RE: Spring US dates
LA - yikes. Las Vegas - yeeeikes.
Phoenix - hot tamale dude!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2011, 09:37 PM
(01-19-2011 07:24 PM)boomer Wrote:  LA - yikes. Las Vegas - yeeeikes.

The Phoenix venue is indoors. That's why I'm considering it, and, I've never been there!
Ditto for Vegas.
I haven't seen the guys in and indoor venue since the Roll the Bones tour. They always play outdoors here.

Find all posts by this user
01-19-2011, 10:10 PM
(01-19-2011 09:37 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  
(01-19-2011 07:24 PM)boomer Wrote:  LA - yikes. Las Vegas - yeeeikes.

The Phoenix venue is indoors. That's why I'm considering it, and, I've never been there!
Ditto for Vegas.
I haven't seen the guys in and indoor venue since the Roll the Bones tour. They always play outdoors here.

I've been looking at ticket prices and yeoooch!
Anthing close to the stage is unaffordable...at this time anyway, and I'm not flying halfway across the country to sit in the cheap seats. So it looks like I'm not going to any shows this year.

01-20-2011, 03:22 PM
(01-19-2011 10:10 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  I've been looking at ticket prices and yeoooch!
Anthing close to the stage is unaffordable...at this time anyway, and I'm not flying halfway across the country to sit in the cheap seats. So it looks like I'm not going to any shows this year.

The last few concerts I have been to have been murder trying to get out of the parking lot after the show. I understand why Bubba makes a beeline for the bus to get the heck out of Dodge. I feel like I want to be lowered in by a helicopter and then afterwards airlifted back out. That, and the rising costs of the ticket prices, have made me want to reserve my concert experiences to only my very favorite bands.

When we went to see Sting in Milwaukee, we decided to stay in a hotel downtown, and that worked out really well because they had a shuttle bus that would take you to the show and then back again. Still pretty expensive, but Sting is my girlfriend’s favorite performer, so that was a special night for her, we even met his guitarist.

Remember that list Blender magazine came out with a few years ago? We found it pretty funny both our favorite performers right at the top.

-Rey

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
01-21-2011, 10:39 PM
(01-20-2011 03:22 PM)Rey Wrote:  
(01-19-2011 10:10 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  I've been looking at ticket prices and yeoooch!

The last few concerts I have been to have been murder trying to get out of the parking lot after the show. I understand why Bubba makes a beeline for the bus to get the heck out of Dodge. I feel like I want to be lowered in by a helicopter and then afterwards airlifted back out. That, and the rising costs of the ticket prices, have made me want to reserve my concert experiences to only my very favorite bands.

When we went to see Sting in Milwaukee, we decided to stay in a hotel downtown, and that worked out really well because they had a shuttle bus that would take you to the show and then back again. Still pretty expensive, but Sting is my girlfriend’s favorite performer, so that was a special night for her, we even met his guitarist.

Remember that list Blender magazine came out with a few years ago? We found it pretty funny both our favorite performers right at the top.

-Rey

Getting out of the parking lots, especially at Summerfest or the Bradley Center, is usually a problem here, so it was good that you had that shuttle from the hotel.

I'm still trying to find a way to go to a show. There must be a way!
I only saw one show last year, here in Milwaukee. I wasn't able to get to any more, and I want to see that cool stage setup in person one more time, as well as hear the guys again.

01-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Unfortunately I can't afford much in the way of a decent seat, either, but as long as I can see them on stage and hear I am fine. I might have a bit of a drive though.
01-22-2011, 04:24 PM
(01-22-2011 04:00 PM)CplRADAR Wrote:  Unfortunately I can't afford much in the way of a decent seat, either, but as long as I can see them on stage and hear I am fine. I might have a bit of a drive though.

I won't be driving. That's a long trip! However, I was looking at hotels and air fare last night, and I might be able to do it. I might have to fund the traveling companion, so money is a problem.
I've been looking the venue, and might want to sit higher up, so that the tall people don't obstruct my view.

My other option, and not a good one, is to take a day(or 2) off from work in April and go to the Chicago show.

01-22-2011, 04:31 PM
I have a friend that takes me sometimes, but he is just a little obnoxious, so I dont go with him all the time. I dont go to that many shows anyway.
01-25-2011, 08:05 PM
(Doing a little dance, clapping hands with joy!)
I'm doing TWO SHOWS THIS TOUR!!!!!!!!
How cool is that!?!?!?
I promised to take my nephew to see Rush if the guys got anywhere near us this year, but said nephew was going to be away on his seinior trip when the show was going to be at the Clark County fairgrounds (WA).
My traditional concert companions, besides my Husband, are his best friend and his wife. They really didn't want to go to the next closest venue to see the show, so my nephew could go to.
Soooo, hey, a promise is a promise, so I find myself going with my Hubby and his best friends for one show, and on a road trip up to The Gorge in George, WA for another show.
The things I have to do for my family..........

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
01-25-2011, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2011 10:08 PM by 2Beers.)
Even though we saw them this last summer when I hemmed and hawed about the middle of the week show for Chitown all my Hubby said was "Stevie Ray Vaughn". Flash back---that year the Boys played Alpine Valley and at the time it was $$ for tickets vs. $$ for baby needs,and diapers e.t.c.s were of course the obvious choice. Also that summer SRV came and at that time we had the $$ and I was kinda of grumpy and said "well, if we missed them then I really don't think it's fair to go for SRV". Hubby said "point taken" how ever the next morning when finding out his helicopter had crashed, we have made efforts to always go to see any concert that we could. So we did get tickets and since it will be just us 2 splurged on the seating area.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic