Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Review: "A Hedonist in the Cellar: Adventures In Wine" by Jay McInerney
06-16-2012, 01:32 PM
RE: Review: "A Hedonist in the Cellar: Adventures In Wine" by Jay McInerney
Quote:although we spent four hours at the Canoe Museum on Monday

That sounds like it might be quite good fun. Who would have thought there were different types and presumably history to canoes.

I quite like watching Ray Mears for this type of thing.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2012, 06:41 AM
KBB, How was your vacation? Anything to add about ''A Hedonist in the Cellar''. Have you looked into finding the books you asked about for ''Sous-Vide'' cooking? These were: Sous-Vide Cooking by Joan Roca & Salvador Brugués (Spanish chefs), Under Pressure by Thomas Keller (American chef), Modernist Cuisine (6 volume ultra modern cooking reference encyclopedia) and Douglas Baldwin's Practical Sous-Vide Book.
Find all posts by this user
07-06-2012, 08:39 AM
(07-06-2012 06:41 AM)LiveToCook Wrote:  KBB, How was your vacation? Anything to add about ''A Hedonist in the Cellar''. Have you looked into finding the books you asked about for ''Sous-Vide'' cooking? These were: Sous-Vide Cooking by Joan Roca & Salvador Brugués (Spanish chefs), Under Pressure by Thomas Keller (American chef), Modernist Cuisine (6 volume ultra modern cooking reference encyclopedia) and Douglas Baldwin's Practical Sous-Vide Book.

I had a lovely time, LTC: thanks. Finished off the book somewhere over southern Saskatchewan, just in time to watch the most amazing cloud and lightning display -- later found out that we also weren't that far from the tornado that touched down.

Haven't had a chance to look for the books: I've been playing catch-up (vs. catsup! haha) since I returned, and today starts the Calgary Stampede. Will get to searching out the books when the craziness ends....

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
Find all posts by this user