Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Enchilada recipes, please!
09-22-2012, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2012 06:09 AM by Jenn.)
RE: Enchilada recipes, please!
Later today I'm gonna do up the yummy again! (well, making up the stuff ahead...)
I'll be assembling/serving on Monday night... I'll let you know how they go over! Heart

For Your Dreams to Become Your Reality, Do Not Think "If", Believe in "When".
***I Am A Work In Progress...*** Heart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2012, 01:21 PM
(09-22-2012 06:08 AM)Jenn Wrote:  Later today I'm gonna do up the yummy again! (well, making up the stuff ahead...)
I'll be assembling/serving on Monday night... I'll let you know how they go over! Heart

Jenn, keep me posted... No, no, no!!! Instead, I'll be right on over!
I will bring my new hot sauce That I just made...
09-25-2012, 01:59 AM
Success Again!
Weird... same recipe, made even more! LOL... and every bite even better than my first run!
My guests were VERY happy! And we still have two cheese ones and several chicken ones left, coz somehow the same recipe made more than the first run. LOL, so I'm glad I got the extra tortillas!

But yeah, the men each had three, we ladies each had two. Plus salads and re-fried beans... we all left the table feeling very happy and well-fed. Big Grin

Thanks again for the recipe! Though it makes a lot of dishes to clean up, this is going to be one that I make a LOT! (family has practically demanded that, LOL!)

09-25-2012, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2012 08:51 AM by LiveToCook.)
Jenn, Glad that it was a success again... I am going to make more hot sauce tonight... I guess that it will be my turn to make this recipe with the new hot sauce.... If you make any changes or additions to this recipe, I would greatly appreciate you giving me the details and comments... Always am looking to improve. Main ingredient to tonights project....
09-26-2012, 05:14 AM
(09-25-2012 08:42 AM)LiveToCook Wrote:  Jenn, Glad that it was a success again... I am going to make more hot sauce tonight... I guess that it will be my turn to make this recipe with the new hot sauce.... If you make any changes or additions to this recipe, I would greatly appreciate you giving me the details and comments... Always am looking to improve. Main ingredient to tonights project....

Oooh, that's gonna be a good one...
Question tho...
How do you use the green ones without getting the "unripe/bitter" notes.?.
Ours are the golden yellow ones, and we only harvest 'em when they've turned.
Coz when we got 'em from the store... well ya know those are picked before ripe, and the color "forced". And there was that bitter thing that kind of overpowered the fruit notes...

09-26-2012, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2012 11:30 AM by LiveToCook.)
Jenn, I can only agree with you on this statement. As for the green ones, I make a sauce that I cook for a while, smell is not so good when you cut them and while cooking. But after cooking and cooling it changes. The most powerful that I make is a mixture of the green peppers, stem only removed, with onions, pineaple, white vinegar, lime juice, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder and ginger powder. The other one is somewhat a little more complexe with multiple ingredients such as garlic, onion, maple syrup, molasses, brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, lime juice, fresh mango or pineaple or peaches & spices. If you are interested, I can post the recipe. As for the yellows, they are so much better taste wise as they are ripe. What you buy in stores, the transit and shelf life is for too long, you have to be somewhat knowledgeable to buy them. But the trick is simple, look at the stems, they have to be green and sturdy. This goes for the pepper itself. It needs to be firm with no signs of softness and they DO NEED to be refrigerated. Otherwise, they will turn rapidly on you (like the ones in the picture), these were sitting out for 2 days in the sun, I just changed or forced the ripeness onto them and then processed them last night. I used about half of them fresh when I got them. I figure 2 more days and they would have started to decay.... The ones I bought were fresh and good, certainly not the same good as if I lived in a warm spot of the world, like Southern US, those are soooo good. But for Canada (Quebec), this year was very good. Enough said for now, I still have some work to do. Rolleyes
09-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Time to revive this recipe!!!!