Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Today ... 9/11
09-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Today ... 9/11
I am not sure if its been posted in another location here today, but I did want to take a moment...

I, as I am certain most of us do, remember where I was eleven years ago today. I was at school, with about 1300 scared as hell high school students and 100 or so freaked out faculty. I learned a lot that day.

Today, in some small way I want to say thanks. Thanks to the military for keeping my ass safe everyday. Thanks to the Air Guard who flew over my house non stop then, and just finished practice bombing runs in my valley today. The fire fighters, police, rescue people etc, Thank you for not only your work that day but every day since.

I know this will come out from my fingers wrong, but it sounds right in my head ... To those who were impacted in some way large or small that day, I think about that time my life every day I walk past the flower mural we all painted in school that year (I painted a "trout" lilly). I remember that time with sadness in my heart, but I look at the students today, some of whom were four then, and see that they too want to remember and honor everyone as well and I cannot help but feel good about our future.

Thank you. (observes self imposed moment of silence)

November is now MOvember. Knowledge is POWER and the Mustache is KING. Support mens Health and my Mustache farm here: http://mobro.co/counselor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2012, 08:20 PM
RE: Today ... 9/11
*Tips hat to Counselor.

Here's hoping that my two remaining pals will be home soon. Here's hoping that they shall all be home soon, whole and safe.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
09-11-2012, 09:12 PM
A nod to Counselor. It's impact rippled effects to many people and many places. Even though it's 11 years latter those ripples are smaller, but still felt.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
09-14-2012, 02:42 AM
Blessed Be

[Image: 551004_419358398101097_1908700411_n.jpg]

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
09-14-2012, 12:13 PM
I had a professor this week ask if anyone remembers what happened on 9/11. I looked around the room and only a few of the students looked like they had a clue (above & beyond the normal clueless look). Seriously? How can people forget? This was the Pearl Harbor of our time, and folks don't remember?

"Me, me, me...if it doesn't directly affect me, I don't care...whatever..."

This is why we fail...

<rant off...>

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
09-15-2012, 02:36 AM
(09-14-2012 12:13 PM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  I had a professor this week ask if anyone remembers what happened on 9/11. I looked around the room and only a few of the students looked like they had a clue (above & beyond the normal clueless look). Seriously? How can people forget? This was the Pearl Harbor of our time, and folks don't remember?

"Me, me, me...if it doesn't directly affect me, I don't care...whatever..."

This is why we fail...

<rant off...>

[Image: yes.gif] Sad

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!