Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Prostate Cancer Foundation
10-30-2012, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 12:40 PM by Boomer.)
Exclamation Prostate Cancer Foundation
Hello Everyone!

As many of you know, there are several fellow Griller's fighting battles against cancer. Cancer has become one of the biggest diseases we fight every day. We all know someone who has been afflicted with cancer. In my family, my aunt, mother, an uncle, and my mother in law were affected in some way by this disease. Cancer is a most vicious and cruel disease. Sometimes it can be set into remission, and other times it takes life mercilessly, often times leaving families and friends at a total loss.

Prostate cancer is the most common cause of death from cancer in men over age 75. Prostate cancer is rarely found in men younger than 40. Typical screening on a yearly basis can lead to early detection, and in many cases successful treatment as well.

To that end, a number of our members, including myself, have decided to start taking a stand against cancer, and our first stop is prostate cancer. So far twofine men, Fireman and myself, have stepped forward to raise a little awareness and donate money to a worthy cause. The Prostate Cancer Foundation is founded specifically to help understand prostate cancer, and support those afflicted as well as their families. Next month is also Movember, a month in which men grow moustaches to promote awareness and raise money for the Prostate Cancer Foundation as well as promote mens health issues in hopes of staving off cancer risks.

Movember

To that end, Fireman and I, and hopefully a few more, are going to do a shave off this Sunday November 4th. We'll shave our facial hair, and then begin growing our new "Bubbastaches". By January 1, those should be ready for judging. What we ask of you is to donate money and vote for the best "Bubbastache". One vote per member but donate as much as you can. Please get in contact with RN-PRN for donation information to her PayPal account or you can donate directly to PCF at this link:

Donate to PCF

Again we want to raise a little money for a worthy cause, and maybe have a little fun with it. If you arent sure about anything ask either RN or myself and we'll be glad to help.

A footnote: As an incentive, and unbeknownst to my family, I will also shave my head should I win the voting in January. The stipulation here is we must get at least $500 in donations before I will do that. And - perhaps we could get a celebrity among us to help with the haircut? Its up to you all, but the more you donate the better my chances are of shaving it all off for a great cause!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2012, 09:12 PM
RE: Prostate Cancer Foundation
Anyone who directly donates please PM me with the amount so I can keep a running tally of donations. Thanks!!
Find all posts by this user
10-30-2012, 09:55 PM
COUNT ME IN!!! Can't wait to see the ensuing battle of the fu-man-chus!!!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
10-31-2012, 07:53 AM
Hey gang - we are going to make a small change to our plan. Fireman and I will be shaving the faces on NOVEMBER 4th - this Sunday. Stay tuned for mugshots of the fresh faces!

10-31-2012, 11:56 AM
(10-30-2012 09:55 PM)debskis Wrote:  COUNT ME IN!!! Can't wait to see the ensuing battle of the fu-man-chus!!!

No, no...BUBBASTACHES! Totally different! Tongue

As soon as I get a paycheck (soon I hope Confused ) I'll donate...

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
10-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Sounds like a noble cause. I hope this takes off and we do something for the ladies too.

Season's Greetings!
10-31-2012, 01:03 PM
(10-30-2012 08:54 PM)Boomer Wrote:  To that end, Fireman and I, and hopefully a few more, are going to do a shave off this Sunday November 4th. We'll shave our facial hair, and then begin growing our new "Bubbastaches". By January 1, those should be ready for judging.

I'd reeeeeaaaally looooove to see as many of the fine fellers at the BnG give this a shot and participate...I'm gonna see if Mr. burma.girl will step up to the plate in honor of his favorite father-in-law ( Rolleyes ), a 20-plus-year survivor of Prostate cancer.

Soooo, who's in??!
(Hey, YOU! Over there! Don't look away....yeah, I'm tawkin' to YOU!)

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
10-31-2012, 01:42 PM
You TAWKIN TO ME? Oh wait - I'm already gonna shave!

At some point next year I believe we should do something for the wimmin folk 'round these parts. I truly believe that the BnG crowd is a most kind and generous crowd, and if nothing else just step up to the plate and donate. A few bucks here and there can truly make a huge difference in the lives of the men, and the families, of those afflicted with this awful disease.

Thats cool BG! 20 year survivor and still has a sense of humor to boot I bet.

10-31-2012, 05:05 PM
They question is for me and LuLu Belle, Hmmmm which of ours do we want to lose or win Wink.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
10-31-2012, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012 05:42 PM by Scythe Matters.)
Ren Man hasn't decided yet but I'm staying after him. He hasn't has a mustache since before we were married so it should be interesting......

RN, I will pony up $25 for every B&G guy who participates. What good is an insurance settlement if I can't do some good with it? Wink

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!