12-05-2012, 09:23 PM
RE: Paiges corner
Paige you are amazing!!! Keep it up!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 03:14 AM
[Image: th_happy0030.gif]

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
12-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Wow, what a Christmas it would be! I don't know if it will happen but just being on the mend is great news. We are taking up a collection, medical tools for tots! lol Smile

Hello family and friends,
Paige is showing us more every day that she is on the mend. She has made huge strides in the past few days, including breathing on her own without no extra oxygen whatsoever; and started taking bottles today. Also, her external pacemaker has been unplugged, since her normal heart rate has been above the rate her doctors wanted her to be at.
At the same time, she is growing -- all those extra calories her heart had been burning up are now going toward making her bigger.
Every day we hold her, read to her and let her play with toys. Some of her favorite playthings are medical supplies like syringes and gauze wrappers, but she also enjoys playing with books, a singing/talking camera, and her baby "shake weight" rattle.
In two days, two of her three sedatives will be turned off. In a week, the final one could be gone. Those are the main things keeping her in the ICU. After they are gone, she will go to the general floor then, after that, home.
We are not sure yet what the plan will be as far as taking a look, so to speak, at how her heart is handling the patches. An echo last week didn't really show anything noteworthy. Usually they send a catheter with a camera and pressure sensor into the patient's heart to look around before the patient is sent home. We'd like to avoid such a procedure, but we'll see.
That's all for today! Thanks for checking in. Looking forward to seeing you all.
-Chris

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
12-12-2012, 10:48 AM
What a beautiful Christmas/New Year's present THAT would be Markus! (Pics if possible?!)

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
12-16-2012, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 09:57 PM by Markus Awreallyus.)
Hi everyone,
Sorry it's been so long between updates, but the summary of this one is that Paige continues to get a little better every day.
Her sedation, which has been the biggest issue for the better part of two weeks, is set to disappear in a matter of days. This was unimaginable a month ago when she was on a staggering and growing amount of drugs. She survived it all with her personality, beautiful charm and sense of humor intact. Watching the last drip turn off will be cause for celebration!
When one problem disappears, another tends to take its place. Feeding, and keeping food down, has been a struggle. Her stomach still has to adjust to food after more than a month without it. She also can't take a bottle without inhaling some of it into her airway, so that will have to wait until she is stronger.
These issues are minor compared to the other challenges she's beaten, and she will beat these too.
Her room is decked out for Christmas, with lights in her window, a tree on her windowsill, and art on her walls.
When she is not sleeping, Paige is playing, laughing and babbling. She is a little more of a handful every day, in a good way.
To everyone who has sent cards, thank you! They are on the windowsill and Paige has helped open every single one.
Tonight, and in the days ahead, please direct your prayers to the parents and families of Newtown, Conn. We feel so lucky to be able to hold and hug our little girl, even through the worst times in the hospital.
Have a wonderful night.
~Chris

12-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Bless you Mark and Chris AND Paige, and thank you for the update!

"Life ain't like books.
Books got somebody writin' 'em and tryin' to entertain ya.
Life is more like a set of Legos.
Unless you take care of 'em, you lose a few pieces and you end up steppin' on 'em with bare feet.
You gotta take care of your life."
~Laura Moncur
12-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Here you go Nawlins, these are my friends Chris, Chels and their daughter Paige. Unfortunately it doesnt look like she'll be home for xmas this year, but she is getting better.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-17-2012, 02:33 AM
Wonderful! Every day is an improvement - that's a real blessing Smile

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
12-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Beautiful Markus!...I'm bettin' EVERY day is like Christmas with lil' Paige getting better!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
12-20-2012, 10:32 AM
What a great looking family! Thanks for the updates, Markus and cheers to Paige! A very Merry Christmas, indeed!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...