Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paiges corner
12-20-2012, 11:54 PM
RE: Paiges corner
Kudos to you, M-Cubed for keeping us up-to-date! What a beautiful family! Big Grin

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Glad to hear things are doing well for Paige. Nice photo of that smiling little face.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
12-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Paige is rockin!

Christmas Day
Posted 11 hours ago

Merry Christmas, everyone, we hope you all had a wonderful holiday!
Paige had a great day, complete with opening presents on the floor under her tiny Christmas tree in her room. Later in the day we took a stroller cruise and walk on the first floor of the hospital to see the Christmas trees, giant nutcrackers and a Big Bird statue, then strolled through the ICU to see some of her favorite nurses. She was bored with the decorations but gets excited every time she sees a familiar or unfamiliar face.
She is a lot more mobile now that she is on ZERO IV medication and is stable enough to take off the heart and oxygen monitor for a few hours at a time. Her only tube is one for her food.
Right now she is on continuous feeds to her gut, but we have been giving her applesauce and rice/formula mix on a spoon and she is loving it. It must feel nice to have food in her stomach and if she proves she can keep it down we can avoid getting a "peg tube" put in her belly. That is something common with kids who have been in the hospital for so long they stop tolerating feeds, but Paige wants to eat and wanting to is half the battle.
In the next day or two we will be leaving the ICU and heading to the general floor where we will continue getting her to eat. Not sure how long that might take, so I'll spare us the jinx.
Paige is talkative, saying "A-BOB! A-BOB! A-BOB!" and starting to rock on all fours. She spends a lot of time on our laps.
That's about it for now! Thank you all for the cards and Christmas cards! Great to see familiar and long-lost faces!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a ... Nice day? Good trip? Ham sandwich?
-Chris

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
12-26-2012, 09:11 AM
It sounds like she is improving rapidly!
my prayers continue.

12-29-2012, 03:56 AM
That's fantastic!! Go, Paige!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
01-09-2013, 08:38 AM
"Paige is our valiant little victor! We finally get to take her home today ♥"
These are the words we've been waiting to hear....! Thoughts and prayers transmitted and received. Paige and family are home at last. Angel Big Grin

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
01-09-2013, 11:17 AM
"These are the words we've been waiting to hear....! "

...and us too Markus! Best news I've heard in months! Keep us posted on her progress (with photos of course!) and let us know how she like her new 'digs'! Wishin' I had someone close I could high-five! Great news bud, I'm sure you all are ecstatic!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
01-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Great news! WOO-HOOOOOO!

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
01-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Heart YAY PAIGE! Heart

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
01-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Whoo Hoo!Heart Much love to Paige and her parents.