Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paiges corner
03-18-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Paiges corner
Indeed Marcus, a call for prayers is warranted.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Poor Paige (AND her parents). They've been through so much already! Prayers for healing and much needed strength for them all!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
03-18-2013, 10:42 PM
Positive thoughts, vibes, and hugs for Paige!!!!
03-20-2013, 02:04 AM
Sending the mojo!

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
03-20-2013, 09:20 AM
The info gathered during the procedures proved what her cardiologist was worried about: Paige has high pressures in her heart. They are still considering this congestive heart failure and last night a team of doctors held a conference to discuss what can be done to fix it.
Today we were told to start weaning Paige off the one heart medication she is on, an ACE inhibitor that helps the squeeze of her heart. Apparently one of the physicians had a case similar to Paige's and stopping this med helped the patient improve.
It was also suggested that Paige just might need more time to grow and give her heart even more time to adjust to its patchwork.
The possibility remains that she could need more surgeries or even a transplant. But we remain hopeful that something can be done before those more extreme steps need to be taken, and we are happy the docs are willing to wait it out.

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
04-20-2013, 06:38 AM
Here is the latest from Paiges corner! A tough decision, a tough little girl with even tougher parents......

Hello everyone,
I am happy to report Paige is moving on to real foods and is gnawing on graham crackers, corn puffs, Oreos (the sensible regular-stuf ones) and is drinking milk. She enjoys the new tastes more every day.
She is more active by the hour and has been crawling everywhere, chasing the dog, pulling herself up on stuff and even exploring kitchen cupboards. We think she is officially a toddler.
Tonight she got a sled ride and visited the neighbors. She also stomped in her first mud puddle.
Even as she makes all this awesome progress, Chels and I have had to make the tough decision to send our little girl back to surgery.
The reasoning is that the patchwork which was put into her heart in October is restricting the muscle and causing pulmonary hypertension -- basically extremely high pressure in her lungs. If it goes on for too long the hypertension will be fatal in months, years or maybe by the time she's 20 years old at the latest. We cannot stand on the sidelines and watch our girl leave us early after all she has been through. We recognize that she still has plenty of fight and we owe it to give her that chance.
The operation will undo some of the patchwork, relieving the hypertension but bringing back some of the issues she was dealing with before her October surgery. The risks associated are similar to her last operation.
By no means has this been an easy decision but, as my dad put it, we've been given the choice between a bad option and a terrible one. Doing nothing would be a terrible choice.
Her surgery is May 1. I ask that you put Paige in your nightly prayers or daily thoughts. Every gram of positive energy gives us an ounce of strength to get through the hard times. Every prayer reminds us of the good that Paige has brought into our world. Please keep it coming. It means a lot to us.
We will provide updates through this page after Paige's operation. They might be a couple days apart but we will try to be as consistent as possible.
Paige is blowing spit bubbles and fart noises now. I think it's time for her to go to bed.
Love to you all. Talk to you soon.
Chris

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
04-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Markus, prayers from us as her parents take that next step with Paige on the journey of her life!!

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
04-20-2013, 09:04 PM
Prayers going out again for Paige and her family.

04-21-2013, 05:30 AM
Prayers, Puffs, peace and progress for Paige.

Shifting & Drifting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Prayers going up for Paige!

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user