Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paiges corner
04-22-2013, 10:48 PM
RE: Paiges corner
Hugs, kisses and positive thoughts for Paige!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Progress! A recent note from Chels!

Hey guys!

Paige had a good night. As expected, she let us know that laying on her back just would not do! After a night of fidgeting, her day nurse let her roll on her side, almost on her belly ( Paige is a belly sleeper) and she has been quiet and comfy since 4 a.m. We're very happy about that!

On another note, Paige developed a pleural effusion and will need another chest tube placed to drain the fluid that collected around her lung. The good news is once we get that fluid out of there they can move toward extubating her! We are trying to limit the time she spends on a ventilator as much as possible so she can have a much speedier recovery.

Her pulmonary pressures have been within normal range and the Nurse Practitioner will be here soon to remove the lines in her left atrium and pulmonary artery. This will allow more freedom of movement for Paige.

She has also been moved out of the bay and into a nice, quiet, private room! It's nice and big too! I guess after three heart surgeries she has earned herself a suite Wink

Everyone is in good spirits and we hope Paige will continue to make progress today.

Thanks for checking in!

-Chelsea

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
05-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Thanks Markus for the update on Little Miss Paige. Good to hear that she's improving.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
05-04-2013, 07:37 AM
I hope that she continues to improve.

05-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Good, fresh front 'paige' news!

Hi everyone!

All of your positive thoughts and prayers must be working because Paige has had a good afternoon!

Both of her chest tubes are out and she is much more comfortable. She sat up in my lap for a while after that and interacted a bit. It took her a long time to go down for a nap - she's chewing on everything so we suspect she's teething. We watched Finding Nemo and after a while she fell asleep. She woke up looking refreshed, gave me five, and drank an ounce from her sippy. She is still pretty stone-faced as that Fentanyl continues to infuse. Like last time, we get a little bit of her back every day!

Her Auntie Bling and 2nd cousin Trevor stopped in for a visit too! Paige was very content at the time, playing with and chewing on her toes.

They are slowly feeding her through her NG tube and increase the amount a little bit at a time. At this rate, the only thing that'll be keeping her is her need for narcotics. She will probably be transferred to the general floor tomorrow....if we can get that Fentanyl off. Fingers crossed!

Not much else is planned for the evening so hopefully she'll get some rest and we'll all start fresh tomorrow!

Thanks guys!

-Chelsea

05-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Fresh new vibes coming your way from Canada!!
(05-06-2013 06:24 AM)Markus Awreallyus Wrote:  Good, fresh front 'paige' news!

Hi everyone!

All of your positive thoughts and prayers must be working because Paige has had a good afternoon!

Both of her chest tubes are out and she is much more comfortable. She sat up in my lap for a while after that and interacted a bit. It took her a long time to go down for a nap - she's chewing on everything so we suspect she's teething. We watched Finding Nemo and after a while she fell asleep. She woke up looking refreshed, gave me five, and drank an ounce from her sippy. She is still pretty stone-faced as that Fentanyl continues to infuse. Like last time, we get a little bit of her back every day!

Her Auntie Bling and 2nd cousin Trevor stopped in for a visit too! Paige was very content at the time, playing with and chewing on her toes.

They are slowly feeding her through her NG tube and increase the amount a little bit at a time. At this rate, the only thing that'll be keeping her is her need for narcotics. She will probably be transferred to the general floor tomorrow....if we can get that Fentanyl off. Fingers crossed!

Not much else is planned for the evening so hopefully she'll get some rest and we'll all start fresh tomorrow!

Thanks guys!

-Chelsea

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
05-07-2013, 05:31 AM
More good news they took Paige off of the Fentanyl yesterday, she seems to be handling it just fine.

05-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Wonderful!!!!!

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
05-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Good news! Go Paige! Heart

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
05-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Great News!Heart