Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Passing of Monica-Wife of OneBad70SS
12-05-2012, 10:10 PM
RE: The Passing of Monica-Wife of OneBad70SS
Since I can't go to the service tomorrow, or watch it, I'm going to carry some of the beads that Monica gave me (at the Brewhaha)with me tomorrow.
Her light has gone out far too quickly. Stephen, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2012, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 09:58 AM by 2Beers.)
Our thoughts and hearts go out to you today Steve. Many of us wanted to be there in person to hug you, tell you that we too shall miss Monica and let you know that we are here for you. Myself and Fireman are truly blessed to have called Monica a friend. Like Nettie I too am wearing the lovely earrings that she made for us girls. Each time I look at them I will always have a wonderful way to remember her.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
12-06-2012, 11:03 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family on this difficult day. Heart

I eat, therefor I am.

2011 Ironman Lake Placid - Finisher
12-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Thank you, Brutus, for being there as a friend to Steve and to represent all of us here at the Grill who weren't able to attend. Our hearts are there with you.

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
12-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Beautiful service, Thank You Steve for letting us be there if only 'virtually', we're there in spirit too.

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
12-06-2012, 01:37 PM
It was a lovely service. Thank you, Steve, for sharing it with those of us who couldn't be there in person. Big hugs to you! Thank you Brutus, for being such a good friend to Steve and Monica and for being there for them!

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
12-06-2012, 05:36 PM
It was a beautiful service Steve. Thank you for sharing it with us! She was a beautiful woman who was, and will always be, well loved by many.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2012, 03:10 AM
Boomer, that was lovely. And Brutus, thank you so much for being there for Steve.

I didn't get to meet Monica face-to-face. But through our communication online I knew I'd found a kindred spirit. When she sent me a bag of her beads several months ago, I was so surprised! But I guess I shouldn't have been - Monica was such a giving person. I still have most of those beads (others will appear shortly) and await the inspiration to turn them into a necklace to honor Monica's memory.

One day last September, just after the tour had started, I asked the Powers That Be that my friends here at the B&G - especially Monica and Steve - be gifted with unforgettable experiences for their shows. Brutus and Boomer made that happen. I cried when I read about the Saskatoon show, I was so thrilled and happy for you all. What a wonderful experience!

Steve, I can't imagine how heavy your heart is right now. Please, if you need anything, I'm within half a day's drive. Just ask.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
12-09-2012, 01:12 PM
I got a short email from Stephen asking if anyone would be interested in obtaining Canada Post stamps commemmorating the life of our friend Monica. LEt me know via pm if you would be interested in these stamps.

[Image: monicastamp.jpg]

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
12-15-2012, 11:15 AM
(12-09-2012 01:12 PM)Boomer Wrote:  I got a short email from Stephen asking if anyone would be interested in obtaining Canada Post stamps commemmorating the life of our friend Monica. LEt me know via pm if you would be interested in these stamps.

[Image: monicastamp.jpg]

They are beautiful. My heart goes out at this time.