Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Passing of Monica-Wife of OneBad70SS
12-05-2012, 05:40 PM
RE: The Passing of Monica-Wife of OneBad70SS
I peeled potatoes for dinner tonight. There is a saying that Zen is not about peeling potatoes while thinking about God, it's just to peel the potatoes. But tonight I couldn't "just peel the potatoes". I got to thinking about Steve and Monica and the fact they came to our home for the Brewhaha instead of some other more well known place. I thought about how much fun we had. And how loving a couple Steve and Monica are. How they are one of those couples that just were meant to be together.
I thought about what Steve must be going through right now. On an afternoon 5 years ago I remember the sheer terror I felt after Cass and I crashed the bike. The first thing that ran through my mind was Oh my God I killed her!! But fortunately my scare quickly passed. But for Steve the pain will linger.
I looked up from my potatoes and saw the Brewhaha Credentials hanging on a hook with the little Canadian flag pins. and my heart goes out to Steve and Monica's family. Cass and tried everything to be there, but there were just too many things preventing us from going.
You will always be in our hearts, please do not hesitate to reach out if you need something. We will meet again soon!!

Barry & Cass

Fir Na Tine
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Passing of Monica-Wife of OneBad70SS - Fireman - 12-05-2012 05:40 PM