Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Passing of Monica-Wife of OneBad70SS
12-05-2012, 07:59 PM
RE: The Passing of Monica-Wife of OneBad70SS
Wow. Does it seem like only a few short months ago we were all hugging and carrying on at the Brewhaha? Or just a few days ago I was in Saskatoon, in the company of friends?

I remember them both as if it was just yesterday, and yet, as alive as we all were, we all carried that worry, that concern. Cancer is not fun. In my family, cancer is a B*TCH, and yet as we all mourn the loss of our own dear and beloved Monica, and feel so supportive of Stephen, I want to tell you about the person I saw in Saskatoon. No words can ever express the thanks to Brutus for making this evening all possible. The backstage trip, the sound check, dining with the crew, and even a gift for Monica herself from the one we all know as Bubba. Not just the physical gift presented during intermission, but the bow he gave as as we watched the soundcheck. To see the pride and joy well up in Monica's face is a gift I will treasure forever. Afterwards we went up to the stage and took some pictures, with THAT BEAUTIFUL instrument in the background. We smiled and hugged and adored that instrument. A drum set is, for all intensive purposes, an inanimate object. A thing, but when breathed life into by its master can become a most wondrous and living creature capable of love, admiration, and affection. It has a heartbeat, it has a life. That night, Monica was ALIVE! She was beaming, smiling, hugging. This was HER night and she took every possible moment to savor it with her very being.

Tonight, even though Monica is no longer with us in body, I feel her spirit inside me, reminding me of those moments in Saskatoon, reminding me of lifes simple pleasures, and making me feel the love she has for us all. I remember the next morning I felt rather empty as I straddled my Harley and pointed south towards home. I remember the thoughts vibes and prayers I said as I rode into the horizon. I held out hope that somehow a small miracle would save our sweet and dear friend. In the last two years I had talked, chatted, shared, and hugged her and Stephen as if they were my own flesh and blood. Tonight as we remember her smile, her laugh, her Stephen, and even her beagles, I would hope that each of us takes pause to reflect on those memories and give thanks for her LIFE, for sharing a little of herself with each of us, and for being the true friend that we knew her to be.

To OB I can only hope you find the strength and courage to heal of your loss, and to find hope in those who love you so very much my brother.

[Image: Wpg-Sask072.jpg]
Saskatoon Post Soundcheck.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Passing of Monica-Wife of OneBad70SS - Boomer - 12-05-2012 07:59 PM