Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crock Pot Candies
12-08-2012, 04:02 AM
Crock Pot Candies
I ran across this online today. Looks pretty simple and you could let it "cook" while you're decorating or wrapping presents or whatever.
Quote:Ingredients
1 jar(s) (16 oz.) dry roasted, unsalted peanuts
1 jar(s) (16 oz.) dry roasted, salted peanuts
1 pkg (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 oz sweetened German chocolate (green packaging), broken into pieces
3 lb (two 24 oz. pkgs.) white almond bark, broken into pieces [there are several different brands, you'll just have to use the brand found in your area. manufacturer's have lowered the ounces in some packaging, so use the equivalent of 3 lbs. (some packages of almond bark may have candy coating on the package)

Put ingredients into a 4 or 5-quart crockpot in the EXACT order as listed. Cover and cook on LOWEST setting [on your appliance] for 3 hours. DO NOT remove lid! Turn off and allow to cool slightly. Mixture will not be melted but will be soft. Mix thoroughly and drop by teaspoon size cookie dropper or a teaspoon onto wax paper. Let cool thoroughly. Makes approximately 150 - 170 pieces, depending, of course, on how large you make the pieces.

NOTE: This candy is made best by following the recipe to the letter. Make other variations and changes at your own risk, [for example, using pecans or almonds in place of peanuts; white chocolate chips instead of almond bark, etc.] as this is the voice of experience speaking. Please take into consideration that it may alter the quality of the finished product.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 07:48 AM
RE: Crock Pot Candies
Looks good one I may have to try except substitute peanuts with almonds and take my chances on the recipe outcome. I attempted the crock pot cinnamon-sugared almonds( like the ones you can get at the mall or at stadiums). I was a 4 hour process, but they taste pretty close the the real thing.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply