Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Recipe You Will Love!!!!
01-15-2013, 07:52 PM
A Recipe You Will Love!!!!
Warning Level: 0%

Recipe You Will Love!!!
This is my Mom's recipe that prevails in Church cookbooks and amongst friends of ours. Hope someone will try this and hope you love it as much as we all do in Illinois. Hope Bubba tries it too cause its really simple.....

Broccoli Casserol

Ingredients:
1 medium chopped onion
1 stick of REAL butter (salted)
1 can Campbell's Creme of Mushroom soup
1 16 oz package of Chopped Broccoli (chop it urself if u cant find chopped), make sure u thaw first
1 to 2 cups of cooked rice (depends if you want it thick or creamy)and make sure you cook the 2 cups before starting.
1 16 oz jar Cheez Whiz ( DO NOT SUBSTITUTE!!!!!)

Directions:
In large frying pan (or pot) place 1 stick of real butter over medium heat. Put 1 chopped onion and cook till transparent ( about 10 minutes) but make sure you do not carmelize. Then add broccoli and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add 1 can of Creme of Mushroom soup and incorperate thoroughly. When softly bubbling, add 1 jar of cheeze whiz and incorperate that as well.Make sure cheeze melts all the way. This is where you make the decision if you want the caserole to be thick or creamy. add 1 cup of rice if you want it creamy or just add the whole 2 cups for a thicker yield. Cant go wrong either way as this is just sooooo good either way. Incorperate the rice as well. In a large casserole dish (oven safe) pour everything from the pan into it. Having oven set at 350 already, put in for 30 minutes until top starts to brown. Pull out of oven and serve and ENJOY!!!!! Be careful, will be piping hot.

Hope anyone who tries this recipe will enjoy and pass the recipe on to everyone. It has been a staplemark in my family for years as a dish that everyone requests to be brought to all of our family gatherings. It really goes the best, I think, with a ham. Also goes great will any BBQ.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: A Recipe You Will Love!!!!
GET IN MAH BELLY!!

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply