Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Analogy of a concept album
01-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Analogy of a concept album
Attached is an argument based on the album The Wall by Pink Floyd. This was written by the late Katie Erika Miller in 2007. Kate was 17 at the time. The piece encapsulates her emotion as she expresses her excitement in different areas of the album. She wouldn't let me read it before it was not only completed but graded too. For those who take the time to read, it is an emotional roller coaster, much like the album itself.

Attached File(s)
.doc  The Wall 07.doc (Size: 35 KB / Downloads: 8)

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: Analogy of a concept album
Very nice, Markus!
Your daughter truly had a gift for writing, and I'm sure her appreciation for excellent music came from dear ol' Dad... Heart
It's been a looooong time since I've listened to this all the way through...might need to dust off that platter and give it a whirl again!
Thanks for sharing!

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
01-23-2013, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2013 02:31 PM by Markus Awreallyus.)
I never understood why she chose this topic. We never really discussed concept albums, at least not at length. Her choice could have been anything, like plastic verses paper, but she chose to write an argument on the 'arguably' best greatest concept album of all time. Go figure.
http://youtu.be/JZkERB6dU_Y
(01-23-2013 01:19 PM)burma.girl Wrote:  Very nice, Markus!
Your daughter truly had a gift for writing, and I'm sure her appreciation for excellent music came from dear ol' Dad... Heart
It's been a looooong time since I've listened to this all the way through...might need to dust off that platter and give it a whirl again!
Thanks for sharing!

Thank You BG

12-29-2017, 09:57 AM
I love the idea of a concept album. Lately I've been following Ian Anderson with his never ending tales of Gerald Bostock. The adventure of putting on a recording and letting it take you on an imaginary journey is much like reading a book but with musical color, I wish more artists would do this.