Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fried Chicken Cutlet a la Vincent
03-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Fried Chicken Cutlet a la Vincent
I was making breaded chicken cutlet Italian style. Cracked a couple of eggs in the first plate and bread crumbs in the second...oh wait, I'm almost out-not enough for the dish; only about 3/4 of a cup left. What to do?

Enter pancake batter mix...hmmmm...mixed with breadcrumbs; dipped the thin chicken cutlets in the "mix" and fried in olive oil/sea salt/ a very little bit of black pepper/chopped chives/dried parsley on a medium low flame until golden brown.

Improv that finally worked well.

Yum!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: Fried Chicken Cutlet a la Vincent
Yes Sir, this sounds delicious.... adding this pancake mix is a great idea, must try this. Next time for a different twist try adding some powdered Parmesan cheese to your recipe without changing anything from what you wrote.
Find all posts by this user
03-15-2013, 02:39 PM
RE: Fried Chicken Cutlet a la Vincent
(03-14-2013 10:01 PM)LiveToCook Wrote:  Yes Sir, this sounds delicious.... adding this pancake mix is a great idea, must try this. Next time for a different twist try adding some powdered Parmesan cheese to your recipe without changing anything from what you wrote.

I thought of doing that but was so wrapped up in the improv that I actually forgot to add it- I bet that would perfect the "recipe." Someone at work mentioned Bisquick as being common but this was actual pancake batter which added a sweetness to the otherwise saltiness of the recipe.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user