Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what kind of pots and pans do you have and...
04-21-2013, 02:59 PM
what kind of pots and pans do you have and...
which pieces do you like best?
what do you lust after?
if your house disappeared tomorrow what pans would you buy and why?

i have a mix of 1980s era all clad master chefs straight sides saucepans, 1980s -1990s commercial anodized/calphalon,
basic stainless steel stockpots
some old revere
couple of Martha Stewart professional from Macy.

i like and use the calphalon pans the most.

lust after mauviel, but won't happen in this lifetime.

if i had to start over, i would buy the Martha Stewart professional or the new Williams Sonoma line.
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/marth...sn_results

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/cook..._type=lnav
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2013, 04:37 PM
RE: what kind of pots and pans do you have and...
For me, a cast iron skillet (at least one) is a must have. If I needed to replace all of my cookware, that's the first piece I would buy. Right now, my other pieces are Food Network's brand of cookware. It does the job. Before I bought that set, I had a set of Farberware cookware. My main issue with it was that the handles of the pots and pans kept coming off. I was constantly needed to screw those handles back on. So now, I generally steer clear of that brand.

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2013, 04:22 AM
(04-21-2013 04:37 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  For me, a cast iron skillet (at least one) is a must have. If I needed to replace all of my cookware, that's the first piece I would buy. Right now, my other pieces are Food Network's brand of cookware. It does the job. Before I bought that set, I had a set of Farberware cookware. My main issue with it was that the handles of the pots and pans kept coming off. I was constantly needed to screw those handles back on. So now, I generally steer clear of that brand.

i like rivets!

rivet rivet - sound like a frog.
04-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Bageleth: I will copy you on the cast iron pan, mine is a grill pan. Amazing what you can do to vegetables with this pan.
05-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Marisa was on a Pampered Chef kick a few years ago but man is that cookware heavy!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2014, 06:12 PM
HAPPY 2014 Grillers! We are in the market for a new set of pots & pans, and are curious about the new "ceramic coated" non-stick lines (cuz Teflon is evil now yanno!). Does anyone have experience with these and if so, what are your thoughts? My gut tells me to go with a really good set of classic stainless, but the non-sticks are hard to resist!

Tx in advance for your input - and many blessings to you and yours in the New Year!!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."
W. C. Fields
01-05-2014, 09:35 PM
(01-05-2014 06:12 PM)debskis Wrote:  HAPPY 2014 Grillers! We are in the market for a new set of pots & pans, and are curious about the new "ceramic coated" non-stick lines (cuz Teflon is evil now yanno!). Does anyone have experience with these and if so, what are your thoughts? My gut tells me to go with a really good set of classic stainless, but the non-sticks are hard to resist!

Tx in advance for your input - and many blessings to you and yours in the New Year!!
The room mate just bought a ceramic pan and loves it. I used it once and have to say that clean up was really easy, no oil or cooking spray was needed.

01-06-2014, 12:08 AM
undefined
01-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Debskis, Now that I have ''fixed'' my bug. I can give you my 2 cents worth. As for the ceramic pan, it is the best thing to happen in the non-stick category. My recommendation is for you to buy a decent one. Without paying a few hundred dollars, I would say to still spend at least one hundred. This will last you for a long time and work better. The cheaper ones do not last and this certainly applies to the Teflon coated types. I own a Demeyere that cost me a nice sum. But, I can tell you that it is a great buy and probably the last non-stick frying pan. Again on the technical stand point, Stainless vs. Non-Stick, they each have their use, you need the 2 types depending on the cooking styles and level you are at. Of course, if you are in the no fat (or little) utilisation, this tool is for you!!! Hope that my answer was not on the late side.
01-16-2014, 10:20 PM
We got some Calphalon ones for our wedding. They're pretty nice, and seem to gain and hold heat pretty well, but I lobbied for and got a couple of cast iron skillets. Once they're properly seasoned, they are almost as non-stick as anything else out there - just a splash of oil for now, and later on, I understand we won't even need that to keep things from sticking.