Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Marla's Maple Pork
05-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Marla's Maple Pork
My mom had me over for dinner the other night and she made something called Marla's Maple Pork. I have no idea who Marla is, but the recipe is VERY good, so she sent it to me:

Marla's Maple Pork

1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin (one tenderloin is approx. that weight, if not, it doesn't matter)
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp each soya sauce and ketchup (I use the lower sodium soy sauce)
2 tsp grated orange peel (can be left out, but I use it)
1 1/2 tsp each curry pdr and ground coriander (I don't have the latter and don't miss it)
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic minced (I used the bottled stuff, faster and easier)

Trim pork of fat, place in sealable plastic bag. Whisk together remaining ingredients in med. bowl. Pour over pork in bag, marinate for 1 hours.

Transfer pork and marinade to small roasting pan, roast uncovered at 350 for approx 40 minutes. Pork should still be slightly pink in middle. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing, slice thinly, drizzle extra sauce over pork and serve immediately.

My preferences are to have it with seasoned rice and a nice sharp Shiraz. The sharpness of the wine is a good counterpoint to the maple sweetness of the pork.

Enjoy!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2013, 05:18 PM
RE: Marla's Maple Pork
Mmmm...looks good OHR! One to put in the must try file.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply