Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just My Favorite
06-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Just My Favorite
Jacques Pépin. Enough said really if you know the name. He has been cooking for more than 60 years, and he cooked for two French Presidents including Charles DeGaulle. He can debone in a chicken in minutes flat while keeping the chicken whole and intact. Astounding. Really.

Then what does he do? He releases two books, shows and DVDs called 'Fast Food My Way' where he shows you how to cook quick meals at home that are tasty and pretty healthy. He is not afraid to use canned food, but he shows you easy ways to tart up those canned pears so your guests will never know (unless of course they've seen the show).

He explains techniques easily and with warmth, and he always makes me believe I can create anything in the kitchen.

And, like me, he loves his wine for cooking and drinking. Lets deglaze the pan and cleanse the palate. Indeed!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 06:15 PM
RE: Just My Favorite
In love Jacques, but I love watching the shows he did with
Julia Child. It is fun to see them discuss ingredients and their
preferences in techniques.

Find all posts by this user
07-05-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Just My Favorite
(06-25-2013 04:40 PM)guitarmutt Wrote:  Jacques Pépin. Enough said really if you know the name. He has been cooking for more than 60 years, and he cooked for two French Presidents including Charles DeGaulle. He can debone in a chicken in minutes flat while keeping the chicken whole and intact. Astounding. Really.

Then what does he do? He releases two books, shows and DVDs called 'Fast Food My Way' where he shows you how to cook quick meals at home that are tasty and pretty healthy. He is not afraid to use canned food, but he shows you easy ways to tart up those canned pears so your guests will never know (unless of course they've seen the show).

He explains techniques easily and with warmth, and he always makes me believe I can create anything in the kitchen.

And, like me, he loves his wine for cooking and drinking. Lets deglaze the pan and cleanse the palate. Indeed!

He also has another show called "Essential Pepin" on the PBS Create channel that shows various recipes that date back to his time as a child, and chef..plus he has a great sense of humor when talking about what techniques to use and NOT to use. For example..oiling a non-stick pan "Non-stick pan...will stick.." Smile

That particular series and cookbook is available from PBS also.

"I love deadlines....I love the sound of them as they go WHOOSHING over my head!" -Douglas Adams
Find all posts by this user