Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I WANT one!
08-13-2013, 03:40 PM
I WANT one!
http://www.komodokamado.com/product-category/grills/

And I WILL have one! Just have to figure out the fiduciary aspect..Dodgy

Also... http://www.amazingribs.com/

Very cool site...debunks much that I held as canon law. Clearly, I don't know as much about bbq/smoking as I thought. Curious people never stop learning, and I learned a lot just skimming the voluminous content.

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: I WANT one!
I've been seeing that one at BJ's Wholesale all summer. Seems another of the Big Green Egg style.
Seems to be well built, as far as I can tell, though not so well assembled, par for the course for that place - never buy a floor model anything.
IT does appear to have plenty of cooking options, though. Can't say how well any of them work.
08-30-2013, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2013 03:15 PM by Sunset.)
They sell a badass, 700lb, $4300 smoker at BJ's?

Still trying to figure out how I'm gonna get my mitts on one without selling the KTM, or a kidney.Dodgy

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
08-31-2013, 10:08 AM
(08-30-2013 02:56 PM)Sunset Wrote:  They sell a badass, 700lb, $4300 smoker at BJ's?

Still trying to figure out how I'm gonna get my mitts on one without selling the KTM, or a kidney.Dodgy

Sell the kidney, you have two of them, but never the KTM. Big Grin
08-31-2013, 09:18 PM
The one at BJs wasn't that pricey... it was indeed a Komodo, but they had it at a few hundred bucks. Maybe the small one, I'm not sure.
Looking at their site, they had one that was discontinued, the 19.5" one. I wonder if it was that, sold to BJs for a dime on the dollar, just to get rid of them.