Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kitchen Disasters!!
06-13-2014, 09:41 PM
RE: Kitchen Disasters!!
No no no - not Shai Hulud!!! Thats when every Vulcan in the galaxy is going thru Pon Far dontcha know?

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2014, 09:13 PM
The immersion(though never indoctrination) of Herbert's work begins early in this house.Big Grin

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
Find all posts by this user
06-18-2014, 09:41 PM
Ever want to see a civil engineers eyes cross - tell them that the spice is on Arakas and worm sign is imminent, Gets em every time!

Now where did I put my wierding module?

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-19-2014, 05:30 AM
(06-18-2014 09:41 PM)Boomer Wrote:  Ever want to see a civil engineers eyes cross - tell them that the spice is on Arakas and worm sign is imminent, Gets em every time!

Now where did I put my wierding module?

That was just on the other night! My eyes crossed trying to watch it all. Great show/too long.
03-13-2015, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 04:14 PM by Sunset.)
Doesn't actually qualify as a disaster...more like a blooper, but...

If you keep your santoku so sharp that Hattori Hanzo himself would be forced to give you a grunt of approval, and you are covered to the elbows in pork belly grease, and you know that belly needs to be served hot...

Getting into a huffy rush whilst slicing the belly is a really bad idea.

Just sayin'...

04-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Preface:
-I never break a yolk unless I want that particular yolk broken...ever.
-I've cracked more eggs than would be easily countable, and I've never come across a double yolk until a few days ago.
[Image: food403_zpsjz5g2shf.jpg]

I didn't even have time to formulate a string of bad words before a bellow of rage escaped my larynx...Dodgy

04-16-2015, 09:20 AM
Sunset, As a famous actor said in a film (Forrest Gump); ''....It Happens''. Smile
04-17-2015, 11:15 AM
Yeahbut...not usually in my kitchen.Confused

Ah well, we keep moving forward do we not mon ami?

04-23-2015, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 05:54 PM by LiveToCook.)
I have a tendency to think and say this myself... But when I am in a creative mood that is somewhat above the ''atmosphere'', I rapidly get reminded that.... it does happen when the experiment is over the top. And, I must admit that I am not as radical as I was but still...
As for broken yolks with todays industrial production of eggs, it does happen more often that I am willing to admit... weird shells either too thin or thick, freshness, and whatever might else. But, on a final, you are ''the artist'' and being in the middle of ''Gods Country'' for all fresh produces and being in California, I would think more ethical practices for farming and so on. I for one, am into supporting all of our local small producers, but sometimes, it becomes somewhat difficult to get regular steady supplies such as eggs. And of course with our harsh winters, this is the main cause for such shortages. But again, dont get me wrong, we are blessed with a lot of great producers and products. But, hey!! You broke a yolk on a twin...shame on you mon ami!!! Big Grin
05-05-2015, 11:22 AM
I must own the shame.Sad Though today I am entitled to sweeeet redemption...
[Image: food414_zpsmzns4yjy.jpg]

You're certainly correct regarding local producers in this area. We recently began procuring local free range organic eggs, which is why I'm getting these lovely doubles. They're a little spendy at $4/dozen, but they truly do taste better with a more luxurious texture...