Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kitchen Disasters!!
05-05-2015, 06:08 PM
RE: Kitchen Disasters!!
If yer frettin over broken eggs, - well, when life serves you lemons make lemonade

And pass the salt - I need those eggs sunny side up, which a few strips of bacon PLEASE!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2015, 08:25 AM
The color on those yolks.... Just one word to describe them.... WOW! This looks great and at 4$ a doz., good thing you do not live up in my area... industrially produced eggs are at about 4$ doz in the grocery stores. Enjoy my friend, right now, my local Producer is in between production....Sad
Find all posts by this user
05-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Boom...not frettin' over broken yolks, fretttin' over dumb mistakes I should know better not to make by now.

(05-06-2015 08:25 AM)LiveToCook Wrote:  The color on those yolks.... Just one word to describe them.... WOW!
Now how did I know you'd be the one who picked up on that detail.Wink

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
05-06-2015, 11:47 AM
Mon ami, I have not the faintest idea!!! But one thing that I am sure of, it gave me my lunch idea, or inspiration... Eggs and veal sausages. Merci!!!
05-06-2015, 05:52 PM
Trust me - your mistakes make my cooking look like a redneck roadkill picnic. While Im not exactly a gourmet chef (heck I aint even house broken) I'd like to think I could wrussle up some grub somehow.

07-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Gah!Dodgy

I'm a stainless steel and/or occasionally teflon coated kinda guy. Received an old/seasoned cast iron skillet as a wonderfully thoughtful gift recently. Whipped out a few easy items at first to get the feel(bacon, burgers, cornbread, etc)...then something delicate that requires more finesse.

[Image: food440_zpsmkwmcbpa.jpg]

Eggs...always the freakin' eggs.Rolleyes

07-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Hey - those look like MY cookin!!!!

Now I dont feel so bad, but why fret over broken yokes anyways?

07-21-2015, 08:47 PM
That happened to the frittata that I was making for dinner.
It tasted good anyway.

12-13-2015, 05:12 PM
I was frying potatoes, and needed a little more olive oil in the pan, but the old bottle was empty.
So I opened a new bottle and poured a little bit in(on the side, so it didn't spatter)and gave the pan a stir.
Then I noticed that the glass top of the bottle had a good chunk missing out of it.
I had to throw out the whole pan of potatoes, since there were glass bits in them.
And of course, I had to buy a new bottle of olive oil, since there might be chips in the oil as well.
Ugh.

01-28-2016, 02:47 PM
Pommes Anna...Rolleyes

[Image: food542_zpsh1oamg14.jpg]

And to make things even spicier...

I tossed em in a 450 oven and, quite arrogantly, felt I had time to go outside and take my brand spankin' new rc aircraft on it's maiden flight. It flies like a dream, so I'm all happy dude smiling and stuff when I hear every smoke alarm in the house go off. In my minds eye I see a 10ft column of flame erupting out of my oven. I can't just let this aircraft go because it might hit somebody, cause a motor vehicle accident etc, so I bring it in at mach9...clip a gopher mound...and yardsale my new toy to smithereens.

Yay me..Dodgy