Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
At The One Lane Bridge...
10-28-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: At The One Lane Bridge...
I am leery of dealerships as well. In your state, A&S Motorcycles has been quite awesome to me. They're up near Sac, somewhere, I think...don't remember. But I showed up in need of a set of tires, like serious need, and they made a space for me and took care of me within the hour. Great guys, awesome customer service, fair prices (no, really!).

Paul is a little...uh, different. He did a Saddle Sore fundraiser on a 250cc scooter while wearing a powder blue tux (over his Aerostich). I love that guy!

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2016, 01:12 PM
Somewhere between Auberry and Big Creek on the road with no name...

[Image: dirty134_zpsx9lcwbqe.jpg]

Hornitos, CA
A very well preserved ghost town in California gold country. http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/ca/hornitos.html

Certainly, there were older buildings and ruins in Hornitos. But none so poignant...to me anyway.

[Image: dirty136_zpspew3wekf.jpg]

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
03-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Santa Lucia highlands. Pinot country...

[Image: IMG_3772_zpslsymgkzi.jpg]

03-29-2017, 08:03 PM
Very nice, Sunset!!!! I'm hoping to be back to riding this year.

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
03-30-2017, 11:06 AM
I get pretty ragey/stabby if I can't ride, so no riding=major suckage for everyone in my life. Sure hope you're able to remedy the situation.

03-31-2017, 09:11 AM
Ugh...I totally understand. Right now our garage looks kinda like Charlie Brown's. Lots of things from our previous home life that had to be out before the 10th of April from the old homestead. Needless to say Angus(our bike) is nestled in a corner with battery trickle charger on her. There were those few fleeting days in Feb. that Fireman took her as the ride to work, but now.... weather had been typical WISC weather.
Nothing is more saddening than to open the closet door and see one's helmet and gloves on the shelf and jacket and pants on the hanger, knowing no riding shall be done this day.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
04-02-2017, 05:15 PM
(03-31-2017 09:11 AM)2Beers Wrote:  Nothing is more saddening than to open the closet door and see one's helmet and gloves on the shelf and jacket and pants on the hanger, knowing no riding shall be done this day.

A close second would be coming to grips with the fact that a long awaited, multi-day, 2100mi ride will be gutted out in the pouring rain. Every. Single. Day.

Ah well, bring that ****

04-16-2017, 09:18 AM
Evidently, 3 days in a row is the limit to which I will purposely sally forth into raging coastal rain storms before the inevitable pull of a good book and a bottle of wine win out. Only logged 1100 out of 2100mi.Rolleyes