Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eating Fast Food After Not Doing So For A Long Time
11-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Sad Eating Fast Food After Not Doing So For A Long Time
Yeah, that's what I just did not long after mentioning nutrition in my introductory post. Has anyone else made this huge mistake and felt as bad as I do afterwards? Blecch... Confused

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd." --Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: Eating Fast Food After Not Doing So For A Long Time
Depends on what you mean by fast food. The chain stores like Mc and BK yes I feel the same way. But most of the mom and pop joints I go to get their product from local suppliers. It's still fast food but it's fresh.
11-13-2013, 01:39 AM
(11-11-2013 06:35 PM)Phillip Wrote:  Depends on what you mean by fast food. The chain stores like Mc and BK yes I feel the same way. But most of the mom and pop joints I go to get their product from local suppliers. It's still fast food but it's fresh.

Well, evil corporate conglomerate... whatever. We all know the horror stories and urban myths. Rolleyes

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd." --Voltaire
11-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Sounds cliche I know, but I don't eat commercial fast food. However, about a decade ago I decided I wanted to be 8% body fat or less. Put in the work, and four months later I was there. Shortly thereafter, Mrs. Sunset and I were enjoying a weekend getaway in Monterey. I couldn't wait to stuff some "good food" in my face and ordered a filet with bernaise on asparagus. Scarfed down that delicious and decadently rich meal, and....I was soooo sick afterward I thought I was gonna die.

Pretty much ruined the weekend for me.Rolleyes

To ask why we cook is to ask why the leaves fall...
11-13-2013, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 10:14 PM by LiveToCook.)
Philip, I need to say ''Great!!!'' to your comment... Mom and Pop's places are fantastic as they do support the local farmers and growers. This with products that are fresh and NOT processed, refined and filled with substitutes and chemicals. Again, the term fast-food is so off these days that it makes me mad when it is used randomly to describe the large multi-nationals. Reason for this, is the new trends that young chefs (culinary genius' in my book), that they do call fast-food... make a meal rapidly by using extremely fresh ingredients (local) and this without any of the pre-cooking or processing. All this in less than 30 minutes... I would rather call the other stuff ''Junk Food''. And of course, this is not a new cuisine if you consider what is done in Asia and other parts of the world. And on a final note, I would by much prefer to ''nourish'' myself with Mom and Pop's fresh burger with fresh vegetables and dressings than one of the numerous frozen (grocery store and chain restaurants) highly processed and refined type of meal that in many instances has very little nutrional values. Enough....LOL.
11-13-2013, 10:26 PM
I can't, for various reasons, eat the typical fast food, but when I splurge on my favorite Chinese chain restaurant, I pay big time. I'm just not used to the greasy, fried, salty stuff any more.
However, I still crave good pot stickers. Big Grin

11-14-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't eat a lot of fast food, especially from the 'big 3' - McDs, BK or Wendys. Really don't remember the last time I've been to one of them.
I do, however, like 5 Guys. You can tell that everything is made fresh, its tasty, and seems to be marginally better quality than the others.
11-16-2013, 11:11 PM
I no longer eat the big chain fast food, but I and the wife stopped at the big McD, as we were returning from Calgary and strapped for time. Boy did I regret that one. I was still tasting it the next day . Tongue

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
11-17-2013, 12:10 AM
I can't recall the last time I ate at a big chain fast food joint...those places will kill ya!! Big Grin