Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown (But not uneaten)
11-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown (But not uneaten)
I'm watching another rerun of this taunter of vegetarians worldwide. Right now he's in South Africa and the victim is an antelope. Apparently there's been a #BanBourdain trend online, I think after the Sicily episode in which they did very bad things to a pig. What do you all think of this?

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd." --Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown (But not uneaten)
Hmmm...not sure about that...but watch the episode Sunday. He is in my stomping grounds of Detroit in his latest episode.

http://www.cnn.com/video/shows/anthony-b...index.html
11-10-2013, 03:24 AM
(11-09-2013 10:02 PM)RN-PRN Wrote:  Hmmm...not sure about that...but watch the episode Sunday. He is in my stomping grounds of Detroit in his latest episode.

http://www.cnn.com/video/shows/anthony-b...index.html

Aww, your town is on the season finale? Jealous. Then again, it's just a matter of time before he's sampling Cuban cuisine down here. Cool

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd." --Voltaire
11-10-2013, 07:07 PM
I've watched all his shows even the old ones. His books are alos very good. BBQ is very big in my parts.
11-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Meh, if you don't like what he does for a meal, don't watch it. How about Zimmern who eats things raw, or still alive?
I don't like a lot of things I see on TV, but I don't want them banned from showing them.
11-16-2014, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2014 12:29 PM by emtheaded.)
I quite enjoyed his collection of essays and magazine articles "The Nasty Bits". Lots of good advice in there, like why you should never order seafood dishes at restaurants on Mondays.

Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any deviation is a problem.
11-16-2014, 05:56 PM
From what I've seen, Tony is very squeamish when it comes time to kill animals. Not so much when it's time to cook and/or eat them!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
05-18-2015, 05:51 AM
Looks like he got over being squeamish on last weeks episode in Scotland. He killed a 10 point stag with a rifle shot from what appeared to be about 50 yards, then field dressed it with his companions and took it home for supper.

Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any deviation is a problem.
05-19-2015, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2015 01:24 PM by New World Man.)
(05-18-2015 05:51 AM)emtheaded Wrote:  Looks like he got over being squeamish on last weeks episode in Scotland. He killed a 10 point stag with a rifle shot from what appeared to be about 50 yards, then field dressed it with his companions and took it home for supper.
I used to watch Anthony's shows, he went visit Ted Nugent on one show, or it might have been Ted's show on the Outdoor Channel. Anyhow, Ted got him to shooting guns, shotguns, rifles, and machine guns, and you could tell Mr. Bourdain was loving it. So maybe that's how he got over his fear of guns and hunting? Ted also tells this story of how Paul MaCarthy hates meat eaters, and attacked Teds lifestyle, and Teds response was "thanks for all the wonderful music Mr McCarthy" Ha, that's classy. I think this clip was on the Bill O-Reilly show. He also added, "if Paul wants me to go out and shoot him some tofu, I'll go out and shoot him some tofu" ha ha.

(05-19-2015 01:05 PM)New World Man Wrote:  
(05-18-2015 05:51 AM)emtheaded Wrote:  Looks like he got over being squeamish on last weeks episode in Scotland. He killed a 10 point stag with a rifle shot from what appeared to be about 50 yards, then field dressed it with his companions and took it home for supper.
I used to watch Anthony's shows, he went visit Ted Nugent on one show, or it might have been Ted's show on the Outdoor Channel. Anyhow, Ted got him to shooting guns, shotguns, rifles, and machine guns, and you could tell Mr. Bourdain was loving it. So maybe that's how he got over his fear of guns and hunting? Ted also tells this story of how Paul MaCarthy hates meat eaters, and attacked Teds lifestyle, and Teds response was "thanks for all the wonderful music Mr McCarthy" Ha, that's classy. I think this clip was on the Bill O-Reilly show. He also added, "if Paul wants me to go out and shoot him some tofu, I'll go out and shoot him some tofu" ha ha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JKzSmo0U0w

Ted Nugent on the Bill 0'Reilly show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JKzSmo0U0w

Ted Nugent on the Bill 0'Reilly show!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ECqhxnrc0 Clip of Anthony Bourdain's show eating with Alice Cooper, and Ted Nugent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgEuSEKp1xc I finally found the Youtube clip I was looking for, with Anthony Bourdain shooting guns with Ted Nugent.

Trying to save the day for the Old World Man!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=745]