Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vegan food @ church
11-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Vegan food @ church
I am amazed how delicious vegan food is. I attend a Unitarian Universalist Church and after the service, we have a vegan lunch. Meals consists of the obvious, salad fresh from our garden, deep-fried (in vegan oil) veggies and vegan meat as well as other vegan food. I had a gluten-free bread with vegan butter. The food is quite delicious, though I love a good turkey tomorrow. I want to try a Tofurkey
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2013, 07:32 AM
RE: Vegan food @ church
We usually have vegan alternatives at lunch after church,but the main dishes are either hot ham and rolls, or pancakes. There are vegetarian pancakes, but ham, no. I have tried tofurkey. It is not very good. Tofu hot dogs and veggie burgers are better than that.

11-28-2013, 02:39 PM
(11-28-2013 07:32 AM)Nettie Wrote:  We usually have vegan alternatives at lunch after church,but the main dishes are either hot ham and rolls, or pancakes. There are vegetarian pancakes, but ham, no. I have tried tofurkey. It is not very good. Tofu hot dogs and veggie burgers are better than that.

Sounds good. I want to try tofurkey though. Is your church a U.U.? Just wondering
11-28-2013, 02:58 PM
(11-28-2013 02:39 PM)Asian Rush Fan Wrote:  
(11-28-2013 07:32 AM)Nettie Wrote:  We usually have vegan alternatives at lunch after church,but the main dishes are either hot ham and rolls, or pancakes. There are vegetarian pancakes, but ham, no. I have tried tofurkey. It is not very good. Tofu hot dogs and veggie burgers are better than that.

Sounds good. I want to try tofurkey though. Is your church a U.U.? Just wondering
No, Catholic with a lot of environmentally concious people.

11-28-2013, 03:08 PM
(11-28-2013 02:58 PM)Nettie Wrote:  
(11-28-2013 02:39 PM)Asian Rush Fan Wrote:  

No, Catholic with a lot of environmentally conscious people.

Oh cool. I like that
01-28-2014, 12:03 PM
I highly recommend Morningstar Farms Chik'n Nuggets and Buffalo Wings. Even sworn carnivores will be grabbing pieces off of your plate. P:

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd." --Voltaire
01-28-2014, 12:17 PM
I wonder if Bubba would eat vegan?
03-23-2014, 06:08 PM
The band teacher in one of the high schools I oversee went vegan for a time and lost 60 pounds! He described the diet and I honestly don't know if I could follow it to the letter. It's intense but very healthy.

It's funny because I've been to a lot of church food events and I have yet to experience a healthy one!

Usually it's a lot more than the loaves and fishes!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-23-2014, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2014 08:12 PM by Asian Rush Fan.)
(03-23-2014 06:08 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  The band teacher in one of the high schools I oversee went vegan for a time and lost 60 pounds! He described the diet and I honestly don't know if I could follow it to the letter. It's intense but very healthy.

It's funny because I've been to a lot of church food events and I have yet to experience a healthy one!

Our church does it because it's earth friendly...well they're vegetarian. Going vegan may be tough for some
(03-23-2014 06:08 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  The band teacher in one of the high schools I oversee went vegan for a time and lost 60 pounds! He described the diet and I honestly don't know if I could follow it to the letter. It's intense but very healthy.

One more thing, I'm an atheist and attend a Unitarian Universalist church, so, no loaves of bread or fish...Bread has gluten and fish isn't vegetarian. And thanks for the warning! Wink